Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro 5.3 and NoteTab Std 5.3 released!

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
      Try as I did - moving the download location to the Notetab directory
      (instead of Temp file) and execute the setup file with NoteTab closed
      from Windows Explorer.

      Jeff
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
        Op 7-jul-07, om 16:25 heeft Jeff Scism het volgende geschreven:

        > Try as I did - moving the download location to the Notetab directory
        > (instead of Temp file) and execute the setup file with NoteTab closed
        > from Windows Explorer.

        The problem is I can't see 5.3.
        On http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
        I read: "Important: Some download managers may take over this
        download process and interfere with normal operations. When this
        happens, temporarily turn off your download manager and try again.
        Another frequent problem is that a firewall is blocking NoteTab's
        access to the news server on the Internet."

        I'm running NoteTab on a iMac in a virtualmachine (Parallels). I
        turnend of the windows firewall, and no differences, I turnend off
        the stealthmode in iMac also, no differences. I gues I have to wait
        for an answer by Eric or Sheri, if I must first download download
        5.2, and than 5.3.
        --
        Adrien Verlee
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
          Hi
          would it not be easier to run on windows machine download under the help
          drop down menu and then run on Mac
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > Op 7-jul-07, om 16:25 heeft Jeff Scism het volgende geschreven:
          >
          >> Try as I did - moving the download location to the Notetab directory
          >> (instead of Temp file) and execute the setup file with NoteTab closed
          >> from Windows Explorer.
          >
          > The problem is I can't see 5.3.
          > On http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
          > I read: "Important: Some download managers may take over this
          > download process and interfere with normal operations. When this
          > happens, temporarily turn off your download manager and try again.
          > Another frequent problem is that a firewall is blocking NoteTab's
          > access to the news server on the Internet."
          >
          > I'm running NoteTab on a iMac in a virtualmachine (Parallels). I
          > turnend of the windows firewall, and no differences, I turnend off
          > the stealthmode in iMac also, no differences. I gues I have to wait
          > for an answer by Eric or Sheri, if I must first download download
          > 5.2, and than 5.3.
          > --
          > Adrien Verlee

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
            Op 7-jul-07, om 17:27 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven:

            > would it not be easier to run on windows machine download under the
            > help
            > drop down menu and then run on Mac

            Sure. But I can't. I'm switched from Linux (the computer was
            becomming to old) to Mac, so I have not a dualboot. Only a virtual
            machine.

            Thanks.
            --
            Adrien Verlee
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:
              > I'm running NoteTab on a iMac in a virtualmachine (Parallels). I
              > turnend of the windows firewall, and no differences, I turnend off
              > the stealthmode in iMac also, no differences. I gues I have to wait
              > for an answer by Eric or Sheri, if I must first download download
              > 5.2, and than 5.3.

              I don't know the answer, just another user myself. I would probably
              try downloading and installing 5.2 if you haven't already, just to see
              if the News changes once you're running 5.2.

              Regards,
              Sheri
            • Ugly Person
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
                  Hi,

                  On 07 Jul 07 21:38 "Ugly Person" <ugly@...> said:
                  > it worked for SOMEBODY

                  Me too!

                  It upgraded flawlessly from NoteTab Pro v5.0 to v5.3 using the Help
                  Menu option "Check for Updates". The second item in the "Fookes
                  SOftware News and Updates" window even says: "2007/07/06 Click to
                  download version 5.3 again"

                  Greg
                • Adrien Verlee
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
                    Op 7-jul-07, om 20:21 heeft Sheri het volgende geschreven:

                    > try downloading and installing 5.2 if you haven't already, just to see
                    > if the News changes once you're running 5.2.

                    It did change. In fact, it couldn't harm to upgrade to 5.2 anyway.
                    5.3 is for tomorrow.
                    --
                    adrien
                  • Laura Dolson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
                      Just another data point - I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.3 without problems.
                      (Windows XP)

                      Laura