Re: [NTB] New computer

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hi Lloyd,

      NoteTab 5.3 is soon going to be released and fixes the associations
      issue you describe below.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      Lloyd wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I just installed my NoteTab Pro on a new laptop that has Vista for an
      > operating system. I thought it was working ok until I tried to set the
      > association to open on .txt, .htm, .html, and .css. When I type them in, it
      > wont save them on closing the options window.
      >
      > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the plate or
      > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???
      >
      > Lloyd
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
        Hi Eric,

        Thank you. I will be looking for it.

        Lloyd wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I just installed my NoteTab Pro on a new laptop that has Vista for an
        > operating system. I thought it was working ok until I tried to set the
        > association to open on .txt, .htm, .html, and .css. When I type them in,
        it
        > wont save them on closing the options window.
        >
        > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the plate
        or
        > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???
        >
        > Lloyd

        Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd" <lloyd2@...> wrote:

          > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the
          plate or
          > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???

          Do you mean "Tablet"? If it's a tablet computer, don't you have a
          stylus to use instead of the mouse?

          My tablet stylus needs to be double-tapped on buttons, to simulate the
          left mouse button.

          If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
          mouse.

          Cheers,

          Eb
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
            On 03 Jul 07 18:38 "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> said:
            > If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
            > mouse.

            I assumed he was talking about what I call a "Glidepad", where you
            wiggle your finger around a mini-touch sensitive pad.

            Greg
          • Lloyd
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
              Hi Greg,

              That is the mess that mine has. I haven't gotten control over it in its
              limited use. Now I have a cordless mouse I use for it. Not as convenient as
              if it were built in but fully functional.

              Lloyd

              > If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
              > mouse.

              I assumed he was talking about what I call a "Glidepad", where you
              wiggle your finger around a mini-touch sensitive pad.

              Greg

              Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • staperoy
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2007
                I'm using NoteTab Pro 5.3 on a new laptop with Vista as the operating
                system. The right click button doesn't work to bring up a menu. I also
                use the Auto-Correct Mode function extensively. On my Vista laptop,
                CTRL-F2 doesn't work to bring up the entry mode. As a result I can't
                create new entries. There seems to be some incompatibility between
                Vista and the way NoteTab functions. I hope this can be corrected since
                I use NoteTab extensively.