New computer

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3 6:44 AM
      Hi,

      I just installed my NoteTab Pro on a new laptop that has Vista for an
      operating system. I thought it was working ok until I tried to set the
      association to open on .txt, .htm, .html, and .css. When I type them in, it
      wont save them on closing the options window.

      This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the plate or
      whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???

      Lloyd

    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3 6:54 AM
        Hi Lloyd,

        NoteTab 5.3 is soon going to be released and fixes the associations
        issue you describe below.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        Lloyd wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I just installed my NoteTab Pro on a new laptop that has Vista for an
        > operating system. I thought it was working ok until I tried to set the
        > association to open on .txt, .htm, .html, and .css. When I type them in, it
        > wont save them on closing the options window.
        >
        > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the plate or
        > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???
        >
        > Lloyd
      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3 7:15 AM
          Hi Eric,

          Thank you. I will be looking for it.

          Lloyd wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I just installed my NoteTab Pro on a new laptop that has Vista for an
          > operating system. I thought it was working ok until I tried to set the
          > association to open on .txt, .htm, .html, and .css. When I type them in,
          it
          > wont save them on closing the options window.
          >
          > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the plate
          or
          > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???
          >
          > Lloyd

          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ebbtidalflats
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3 10:38 AM
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd" <lloyd2@...> wrote:

            > This laptop doesn't have a mouse and I sure have problems with the
            plate or
            > whatever they call it. Is it possible this is where the problem is???

            Do you mean "Tablet"? If it's a tablet computer, don't you have a
            stylus to use instead of the mouse?

            My tablet stylus needs to be double-tapped on buttons, to simulate the
            left mouse button.

            If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
            mouse.

            Cheers,

            Eb
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3 2:25 PM
              On 03 Jul 07 18:38 "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> said:
              > If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
              > mouse.

              I assumed he was talking about what I call a "Glidepad", where you
              wiggle your finger around a mini-touch sensitive pad.

              Greg
            • Lloyd
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4 7:36 AM
                Hi Greg,

                That is the mess that mine has. I haven't gotten control over it in its
                limited use. Now I have a cordless mouse I use for it. Not as convenient as
                if it were built in but fully functional.

                Lloyd

                > If it's NOT a tablet computer, I'd be curious, why it doesn't have a
                > mouse.

                I assumed he was talking about what I call a "Glidepad", where you
                wiggle your finger around a mini-touch sensitive pad.

                Greg

                Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • staperoy
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 22, 2007
                  I'm using NoteTab Pro 5.3 on a new laptop with Vista as the operating
                  system. The right click button doesn't work to bring up a menu. I also
                  use the Auto-Correct Mode function extensively. On my Vista laptop,
                  CTRL-F2 doesn't work to bring up the entry mode. As a result I can't
                  create new entries. There seems to be some incompatibility between
                  Vista and the way NoteTab functions. I hope this can be corrected since
                  I use NoteTab extensively.