Re: [NTB] Re: Fw: Vanishing features

  • Bruce Meyers
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
      I assume you want to open .txt files with Notetab. If the Replace MS Notepad command
      is not working properly, you can try this:
      left click on My Computer and then Tools and then Folder Options. Scroll down fhrough the
      file types to TXT. It will say 'Opens with' and probably lists Notepad. Click on Change and look at what is offered. On my computer Notetab is listed as an alternative so I can just choose it. If it not offered you can browse to Notetab and choose it. You can browse to Program Files ->Notetab->(either Notetab Std or Notetab Pro) and choose notetab.exe (in Notetab Standard) or notepro.exe (in Notetab Pro).

      You can use this same method to choose Notetab to open any file type. Don't be afraid to make the change, you can always change back to something else.

      Julie <gleits@...> wrote:

> [...]
      ,_.___

      Messages | Files | Photos | Links
      Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

      Recent Activity

      4
      New Members

      Visit Your Group

      Computer software
      Notetab
      Computer software program
      Computer fax software
      Computer virus software

      Y! Messenger
      Group get-together
      Host a free online
      conference on IM.

      Yahoo! Mail
      Get it all!
      With the all-new
      Yahoo! Mail Beta

      New web site?
      Drive traffic now.
      Get your business
      on Yahoo! search.

      .

    • kenbanksonline
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hi Julie,

        I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
        this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...

        Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
        couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes

        Let me know,

        -Ken

        KenBanks@...

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
        wrote:

        > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
        > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

        > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
        >
        > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
        > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
        > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
        > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
        > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
        > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
        >
        > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
        > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
        > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
        > reassigning the sounds.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sarge

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
          Thanks for the offer Ken! I was just forwarding this on for someone else. :)

          At 01:21 PM 7/2/2007, kenbanksonline wrote:

          >Hi Julie,
          >
          >I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
          >this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...
          >
          >Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
          >couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes
          >
          >Let me know,
          >
          >-Ken
          >
          >KenBanks@...
          >
          >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
          >wrote:
          > >
          > > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
          > > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

          > > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
          > >
          > > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
          > > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
          > > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
          > > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
          > > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
          > > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
          > >
          > > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
          > > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
          > > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
          > > reassigning the sounds.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Sarge

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >--
          >7/2/2007 3:35 PM
          >

          >--
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
            Hi
            notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            > Thanks for the offer Ken! I was just forwarding this on for someone else.
            > :)
            >
            > At 01:21 PM 7/2/2007, kenbanksonline wrote:
            >
            >>Hi Julie,
            >>
            >>I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
            >>this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...
            >>
            >>Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
            >>couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes
            >>
            >>Let me know,
            >>
            >>-Ken
            >>
            >>KenBanks@...
            >>
            >>--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
            >>wrote:
            >> >
            >> > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
            >> > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

            >> > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
            >> >
            >> > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
            >> > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
            >> > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
            >> > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
            >> > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
            >> > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
            >> >
            >> > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
            >> > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
            >> > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
            >> > reassigning the sounds.
            >> >
            >> > Regards,
            >> > Sarge
            >> >

            >>Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
            >>
            >>Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>

            >>--
            >>7/2/2007 3:35 PM
            >>

            >>--
            > 3:35 PM

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Ugly Person
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
              > notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
              > THANKYOU DAVE M

              Uh, Dave, in the past there was the option to use the Microsoft Office
              sounds and that was what I was counting on.
              I miss it already.

              -Sean
            • buralex@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
                Sean (et al.) / Eric:

                > "Ugly Person" <ugly@...> said on 07/03/2007 10:51:14 PM
                -0400
                > > Hi
                > > notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
                > > THANKYOU DAVE M
                >
                > Uh, Dave, in the past there was the option to use the Microsoft Office
                > sounds and that was what I was counting on.
                > I miss it already.
                I see the option described exactly the same in Key Features in both 4.9x
                and 5.02 Notetab.

                * "Supports MS-Office sound events"

                However searching for sound and/or sounds in Help doesn't turn up
                anything relevant in Options.
                You say you used this option in previous version? Could you describe how
                you invoked it and/or what the difference in behavior was?

                I don't currently have MS-Office installed on this computer but if
                installing Office creates a sound scheme perhaps its turned on/off in
                Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Events - Sounds tab - Sound scheme.

                Eric - if you're following this - do recall what the above line in Key
                Features means?

                Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail