Re: [NTB] Re: Fw: Vanishing features

  • George W. Durman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2007
      At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
      *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********
      > > > I have a question about two former features.
      > > >
      > > > One is "Replace Notepad" which used to be available in 4.95.
      > > > While it APPEARS to be present in 5.02 the fact remains that
      > > > it doesn't work no matter how many times I go to select it.
      > > >
      > > > The other is about using MS Office sounds. If that option is
      > > > present in 5.02
      > > > where can I activate it?
      > > >
      > > > I only recently upgraded so I'm only learning about these
      > > > limitations now.
      > > >
      > > > -Sean
      **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********

      I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
      the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
      Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
      (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
      that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
      to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.

      This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
      WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
      changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
      reassigning the sounds.

      Regards,
      Sarge
    • Bruce Meyers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
        I assume you want to open .txt files with Notetab. If the Replace MS Notepad command
        is not working properly, you can try this:
        left click on My Computer and then Tools and then Folder Options. Scroll down fhrough the
        file types to TXT. It will say 'Opens with' and probably lists Notepad. Click on Change and look at what is offered. On my computer Notetab is listed as an alternative so I can just choose it. If it not offered you can browse to Notetab and choose it. You can browse to Program Files ->Notetab->(either Notetab Std or Notetab Pro) and choose notetab.exe (in Notetab Standard) or notepro.exe (in Notetab Pro).

        You can use this same method to choose Notetab to open any file type. Don't be afraid to make the change, you can always change back to something else.

        Julie <gleits@...> wrote:

> [...]
        ,_.___

        Messages | Files | Photos | Links
        Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

        Recent Activity

        4
        New Members

        Visit Your Group

        Computer software
        Notetab
        Computer software program
        Computer fax software
        Computer virus software

        Y! Messenger
        Group get-together
        Host a free online
        conference on IM.

        Yahoo! Mail
        Get it all!
        With the all-new
        Yahoo! Mail Beta

        New web site?
        Drive traffic now.
        Get your business
        on Yahoo! search.

        .

      • kenbanksonline
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
          Hi Julie,

          I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
          this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...

          Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
          couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes

          Let me know,

          -Ken

          KenBanks@...

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
          wrote:

          > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
          > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

          > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
          >
          > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
          > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
          > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
          > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
          > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
          > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
          >
          > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
          > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
          > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
          > reassigning the sounds.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sarge

        • Julie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
            Thanks for the offer Ken! I was just forwarding this on for someone else. :)

            At 01:21 PM 7/2/2007, kenbanksonline wrote:

            >Hi Julie,
            >
            >I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
            >this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...
            >
            >Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
            >couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes
            >
            >Let me know,
            >
            >-Ken
            >
            >KenBanks@...
            >
            >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
            > > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

            > > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
            > >
            > > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
            > > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
            > > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
            > > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
            > > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
            > > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
            > >
            > > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
            > > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
            > > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
            > > reassigning the sounds.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Sarge

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            >--
            >7/2/2007 3:35 PM
            >

            >--
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
              Hi
              notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > Thanks for the offer Ken! I was just forwarding this on for someone else.
              > :)
              >
              > At 01:21 PM 7/2/2007, kenbanksonline wrote:
              >
              >>Hi Julie,
              >>
              >>I feel your pain coming through the screen I had the same issue just
              >>this past weekend.. If you need the help I can walk you through it ...
              >>
              >>Do you have Skype... My Skpe is kenbanksonline...also I need to send a
              >>couple of files. Shouldn't take 15 minutes
              >>
              >>Let me know,
              >>
              >>-Ken
              >>
              >>KenBanks@...
              >>
              >>--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "George W. Durman" <georgewdurman@...>
              >>wrote:
              >> >
              >> > At 01-07-07 05:11 PM Sunday, Julie wrote:
              >> > *********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

              >> > **********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT***********
              >> >
              >> > I have had the problem with MS Office sounds about 3 times over
              >> > the past several months and I'm sure it's not a problem with Note
              >> > Tab. With those 3 occasions, I've checked the sounds in WinXP
              >> > (Control Panel:Sounds & Audio Devices:Sounds) and have found
              >> > that the "Program Events" for which one sets sounds, and that apply
              >> > to NoteTab, have no sounds assigned to them.
              >> >
              >> > This is evidently due to some other program making changes to the
              >> > WinXP settings. I haven't figured out yet what is making these
              >> > changes; I just keep going back in to the Sounds settings and again
              >> > reassigning the sounds.
              >> >
              >> > Regards,
              >> > Sarge
              >> >

              >>Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
              >>
              >>Yahoo! Groups Links
              >>

              >>--
              >>7/2/2007 3:35 PM
              >>

              >>--
              > 3:35 PM

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ugly Person
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
                > notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
                > THANKYOU DAVE M

                Uh, Dave, in the past there was the option to use the Microsoft Office
                sounds and that was what I was counting on.
                I miss it already.

                -Sean
              • buralex@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
                  Sean (et al.) / Eric:

                  > "Ugly Person" <ugly@...> said on 07/03/2007 10:51:14 PM
                  -0400
                  > > Hi
                  > > notetab will only use default sounds it has none of it,s own.
                  > > THANKYOU DAVE M
                  >
                  > Uh, Dave, in the past there was the option to use the Microsoft Office
                  > sounds and that was what I was counting on.
                  > I miss it already.
                  I see the option described exactly the same in Key Features in both 4.9x
                  and 5.02 Notetab.

                  * "Supports MS-Office sound events"

                  However searching for sound and/or sounds in Help doesn't turn up
                  anything relevant in Options.
                  You say you used this option in previous version? Could you describe how
                  you invoked it and/or what the difference in behavior was?

                  I don't currently have MS-Office installed on this computer but if
                  installing Office creates a sound scheme perhaps its turned on/off in
                  Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Events - Sounds tab - Sound scheme.

                  Eric - if you're following this - do recall what the above line in Key
                  Features means?

                  Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail