Re: View Source in IE 4.01?

  • Dan Knight
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
      -----Original Message-----
      From: M M <mm531@...>
      To: notetab@... <notetab@...>
      Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 4:19 pm
      Subject: Re: View Source in IE 4.01?

      >I checked in Explorer, View | Options | File Types for all notepad
      >extensions. In Edit dialog for Open (for texts), I noticed quotation
      >marks are used differently like these:
      >
      > "C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe" or C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe "%1"

      On my system:
      From NoteTabPro selecting
      -- Help | Replace MSNotePad --
      changes the path in all file associations from
      C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe "%1"
      D:\Programs\NoteTab\NotePad.exe "%1"

      D:\Programs\NoteTab\ being NoteTabs path on my system

      If I understand your situation you still show the path to the MS version of Notepad.

      Edit in IE4 is controlled by the association for the HTML extension.
      If you change the "application used to preform" of the EDIT action to

      your_NoteTab_path\NotePad.exe "%1"

      It should solve your problem in IE4

      Step By step procedure:
      From Windows Explorer or Folder window select
      View | Folder Options | File Type | (Registered file type) HTML Document |
      (Actions) Edit | (application used to preform) --your_NoteTab_path--\NotePad.exe "%1"
      then OK on out.

      Hope this helps

      Dan Knight

    • M M
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 1998
        Dan Knight, your suggestions worked well! Thank you! The notepad.exe
        in windows directory has changed back to a short cut to NoteTap Pro in
        Program Files. That helps reducing the excessive byte baggage.

        To whoever wants to know how I solved the OPEN line without "%1"
        problem, I just remove the whole file type after writing down settings
        on paper. And, after creating a new file type with same settings, OPEN
        line with "%1" is instantly accepted. <<cheering>>

        Mike Moore