NoteTab: What's New in v4.5?

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 4:59 AM
      Hi Everybody,

      I just found an interesting web site. We should be hearing soon.

      http://www.notetab.com/new450.htm

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...

    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 8:56 AM
        Hi all!

        >I just found an interesting web site. We should be hearing soon.
        >
        >http://www.notetab.com/new450.htm

        Sorry about not announcing it sooner to the list. I've been working like
        crazy to prepare the launch of v4.5 and have had to neglect e-mail a bit.
        Also sorry to all who have written to me privately and did not receive a
        reply. I have so many messages in my mailbox that there is just no way I
        can catch up.

        So for some news now...

        Digital River has started selling NoteTab v4.5 since yesterday. I must
        admit I was amazed they got it up online so quickly. Also, there was
        supposed to be a LaunchPad for NoteTab Pro 4.5 at ZDNet on September 3 -
        hence the last minute rush to get v4.5 ready on time. Unfortunately, a
        company with more leaverage has taken the NoteTab slot. As a result, the
        LaunchPad date has been pushed to September 10. Since one of the conditions
        to be featured on LaunchPad is a 48 hour exclusive, I won't be able to
        release the trial version of NoteTab Pro or the Freeware NoteTab Light
        until that date. I'm not happy about that but we will have to accept the
        situation as it is. It is nevertheless a great priviledge for a "small"
        product like NoteTab to be featured at LaunchPad.

        For those of you who have a registered version of Super NoteTab and/or
        NoteTab Pro 4.0x, I will soon be making patches available that will convert
        your current version to v4.5. They might be ready by tomorrow...

        And finally, a big thank you to all of you for participating in the
        discussions on the beta version, for your suggestions and bug reports. All
        this has contributed to make what I think is a really great version. Of
        course, there's still plenty to do for future versions and many of your
        suggestions are in my large "NoteTab wish list" :-)

        Best regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
        Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
        and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

      • Norma
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 10:27 AM
          Let me unlurk and say, thanks for bringing to us such a wonderful product.
          Sincerely,
          Norma