Re: [NTB] "Size does not match" Error when trying to save file on network

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, buralex@... wrote:

      > Do you have the same problem if you edit the file in Notepad (or any
      > other text editors you happen to have on the laptop)?

      That's a very good question. I just opened, modified, and saved the
      same file using Notepad without any problem.

      And I've been using MS Word and Excel 2003 from the laptop to work on
      files stored on the desktop computer without any problems either.

      So, it looks to me like it's probably some issue with NTP, perhaps
      something in its configuration.

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
        Will,

        Are you using \\computername\directory\textfile.txt, or have you
        mapped a drive letter so that it is x:\directory\textfile.txt?

        NoteTab, especially version 4.x, seems to be sensitive to that
        difference in a network environment.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Clueless in Seattle"

      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
          "lm_hamilton" <lmh@...> said on 06/05/2007 11:01:28
          PM -0400
          > Are you using \\computername\directory\textfile.txt, or have you
          > mapped a drive letter so that it is x:\directory\textfile.txt?
          >
          > NoteTab, especially version 4.x, seems to be sensitive to that
          > difference in a network environment.
          Clueless: Larry beat me to it: I remembered a very long discussion on
          the Notetab Offtopic list. In it the problem was slow opening rather
          than problems saving but the eventual solution was to map the network
          folders ("map folder" is the topic to search for in Help (at least WinXP
          - probably Win2K as well)

          If you're interested in the gory details here's the link to top of
          thread in Notetab-Off-Topic:
          it goes on for more than 60 messages over 6 months :-( with the
          resolution here and following:

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
          --
        • Clueless in Seattle
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lmh@...> wrote:

            > Are you using \\computername\directory\textfile.txt, or have you
            > mapped a drive letter so that it is x:\directory\textfile.txt?
            >
            > NoteTab, especially version 4.x, seems to be sensitive to that
            > difference in a network environment.

            Thanks guys! That did the trick!