Need some basic understanding

  • duke_nukem_time
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      I am trying to take two variables and divide one by the other and
      setting them to another variable. NoteTab doesn't like this line I
      made and I can't figure out why.

      ;Resize images based on reduction factor
      ;^!Set %ImgWidth%=^$Calc(%ImgWidth%/%ResizeFactor%;0)$;
      %ImgHeight%=^$Calc(%ImgHeight%/%ResizeFactor%;0)$;

      I am trying to take the value from imgwidth and divide it by the
      resizefactor values and store it in imgwidth.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "duke_nukem_time"
        <duke_nukem_time@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to take two variables and divide one by the other and
        > setting them to another variable. NoteTab doesn't like this line I
        > made and I can't figure out why.
        >
        > ;Resize images based on reduction factor
        > ;^!Set %ImgWidth%=^$Calc(%ImgWidth%/%ResizeFactor%;0)$;
        > %ImgHeight%=^$Calc(%ImgHeight%/%ResizeFactor%;0)$;
        >
        > I am trying to take the value from imgwidth and divide it by the
        > resizefactor values and store it in imgwidth.

        Hi duke,

        Clip questions belong on th the clips list, however --

        You need at circumflex ^ in front of %var% where you want the content
        of the variable to be substituted. Also your set statement is preceded
        by a semicolon, which makes it a comment.

        ^!Set %var%="Hello World"
        ^!Info var content is: ^%var%

        Regards,
        Sheri