Re: [NTB] Jim Hall is gone

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2007
      Hi Lotta,

      That is indeed very sad news. Thanks for sharing it with us.

      The last mail I read from him on this list was his very kind reply when
      I announced Jody was in hospital last February. That was when Jim also
      mentioned his own battle with cancer. He was an important contributor in
      the Fookes Software discussion groups and will be missed.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      loro wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I'm sad to tell you that after fighting cancer for more than a year, Jim
      > Hall is dead. I last heard from him a week ago when he told me it was a
      > matter of days. Today I got notice he had passed away. A small comfort is
      > that Jim seemed to be at peace with the situation.
      >
      > Those of you that are fairly new to the Notetab lists probably don't know
      > him since he wasn't very active here the last years. Oldtimers will
      > remember him. He had been around longer than me and I've been here since
      > 1999. Jim was always very helpful to everyone. I learnt a lot from him and
      > came to think of him as a dear friend.
      >
      > I'll raise a glass to an old friend tonight. Those of you who knew him -
      > please join me. I think Jim would have liked that.
      >
      > It has been a sad year for us Notetabbers.
      > Lotta
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2007
        --- Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

        > The last mail I read from him on this list was his very kind reply
        > when
        > I announced Jody was in hospital last February. That was when Jim
        > also
        > mentioned his own battle with cancer.
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Eric Fookes
        > http://www.fookes.com/

        I remember that post and had an impulse to reply to him which I didn't
        do because I didn't know him that well. It is very sad indeed. Plus
        it makes me feel the weight of my years and the approach of the
        inevitable end.

        Need Mail bonding?
      • GilaMountainDulcimers.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 14, 2007
          You got that right -- it has been a sad year for us NoteTabbers!!! I faintly remember Jim but I know he was real knowledgable . It is very sad to loose such a helpful and knowledgable person.

          Hugs,
          Kerry Coates in New Mexico
          Visit all my websites!
          http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com