Re: Re[2]: The mysterious line break

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 1998
      > Blank lines in your clip will put blank lines in your file. If you
      > can move down from the last line in the last clip, start deleting until
      > you can't. The clips I'm getting out of the zip are showing 8 blank lines
      > at the end. Although NoteTab usually lets a blank line go with no action
      > if it follows an instruction line, one is the max before you get blank
      > lines created in your files. I'm not sure why you would only be getting
      > one if your clip does actually contain all those blank lines.
      Yup. That was it! Everything went right according to theory. My
      copy of template9b1 had 2 line feeds at the end, so NTP was
      adding one to the text.
      I don't know how your copy ended up with eight. Next time I see
      Mr. Winzip, I'll ask him if he knows.
      Thanks a lot, everyone.
      David.

    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 1998
        02.09.1998 12:41 AM djust@... wrote

        >> causing a problem. (I do notice your template9b1.clb has Unix
        >> line breaks.)

        > Can't figure this one out. Was written and modified on various
        > versions of Notetab, pure Win95; no Unixes are allowed in our
        > neighborhood. I do know that a lot of my programs have trouble
        > reading line breaks from my other programs. I'm running the
        > original Hebrew Win95, probably the world's weirdest version,
        > but I can't imagine that they were using Unix line breaks.

        Perhaps your Save Format in Options under Documents is something
        other than Dos/Windows?

        --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
        notetab-tips-subscribe@...
        **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
        http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

      • djust@netvision.net.il
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 1998
          > > Can't figure this one out. Was written and modified on various
          > > versions of Notetab, pure Win95; no Unixes are allowed in our
          > > neighborhood. I do know that a lot of my programs have trouble
          > > reading line breaks from my other programs. I'm running the
          > > original Hebrew Win95, probably the world's weirdest version,
          > > but I can't imagine that they were using Unix line breaks.
          >
          > Perhaps your Save Format in Options under Documents is something
          > other than Dos/Windows?
          Everything looks like it should. In the betas, DOS/Windows, in
          NTP 4.011 and SNT, DOS.
          DOS ASCII is unchecked in all of them, though.

          Thanks,
          David.