Re: [NTB] Word wrap doesn't turn on

  • Jim Allen
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8, 2007
      I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.

      Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?

      Jim Allen

      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2007
        Jim Allen wrote:
        > I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.
        >
        > Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?
        >
        > Jim Allen

        H="Columnwrap"
        ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
        ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
        ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

        Jim,

        Yes, this is getting into clips/scripts. You would paste the above 4
        lines into one of your libraries.

        The libraries/clipbooks are the tabs at the bottom of your edit window.

        When you click on one of those tabs that clipbook appears in the
        leftmost window, the clipbook editor, unless you've moved the editor to
        the right side of the edit window.

        You can copy and paste those lines into a clipbook.
        First, copy the lines to the clipboard, right-click on some point in the
        clipbook editor window.

        A menu dialog will open, select 'Add From Clipboard'.
        The clipname 'Columnwrap' will appear in the editor window.
        At that point right-click again on the newly added clipname.
        Again a menu dialog window opens, click on 'Save Now'.

        Having done the preceding correctly the clip should be ready to run,
        that is accomplished by clicking, or possibly, double-clicking the new
        clipname and entering a value in the dialog window that appears.

        ºvº SL-5-65 -created- 2007.05.09 - 00.50.09

        New Beer WARNING Label:
        "The consumption of alcohol
        May cause you to roll over in the
        morning and see something really scary."
        ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Jim Allen
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2007
          That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling. Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.

          Thanks for the try.

          Jim

          > I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.
          >
          > Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?
          >
          > Jim Allen

          H="Columnwrap"
          ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
          ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
          ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

          Jim,

          Yes, this is getting into clips/scripts. You would paste the above 4
          lines into one of your libraries.

          The libraries/clipbooks are the tabs at the bottom of your edit window.

          When you click on one of those tabs that clipbook appears in the
          leftmost window, the clipbook editor, unless you've moved the editor to
          the right side of the edit window.

          You can copy and paste those lines into a clipbook.
          First, copy the lines to the clipboard, right-click on some point in the
          clipbook editor window.

          A menu dialog will open, select 'Add From Clipboard'.
          The clipname 'Columnwrap' will appear in the editor window.
          At that point right-click again on the newly added clipname.
          Again a menu dialog window opens, click on 'Save Now'.

          Having done the preceding correctly the clip should be ready to run,
          that is accomplished by clicking, or possibly, double-clicking the new
          clipname and entering a value in the dialog window that appears.

          ºvº SL-5-65 -created- 2007.05.09 - 00.50.09

          New Beer WARNING Label:
          "The consumption of alcohol
          May cause you to roll over in the
          morning and see something really scary."
          ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...

          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Allen <vrhead2000@...> wrote:

            > That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling.
            Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.

            > Thanks for the try.
            >
            > Jim

            In NoteTab Std (at least 5.2) if there is an option available in the
            menu to update column wrap, then column wrap is on for that document.
            If you go into document properties and uncheck column wrap, it appears
            that you have to save and reload the document before the display
            changes. The only time "update column wrap" causes the current display
            to change is if column wrap is on, and the entered column width got
            narrower (not wider). So if widening column width or disabling column
            wrap while enabling word wrap, try saving and reloading the document.

            Regards,
            Sheri
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2007
              Jim Allen wrote:

              > That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling.
              > Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.
              >
              > Thanks for the try.
              >
              > Jim

              Is it ALL documents or just some?

              Jeff
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2007
                Try Joining lines then saving? ( Select all then CTRL+J)

                OR

                Try replacing ^C with ^P or a Space?
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 11 , May 9, 2007
                  Sheri wrote:
                  > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Allen <vrhead2000@...> wrote:
                  >> That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling
                  > and reinstalling.
                  > Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that
                  > didn't work.

                  >> Thanks for the try.
                  >>
                  >> Jim
                  >
                  > In NoteTab Std (at least 5.2) if there is an option
                  > available in the
                  > menu to update column wrap, then column wrap is on
                  > for that document.
                  > If you go into document properties and uncheck column
                  > wrap, it appears that you have to save and reload the
                  > document before the display changes.

                  > The only time "update column wrap" causes the current
                  > display to change is if column wrap is on, and the
                  > entered column width got narrower (not wider).

                  > So if widening column width or disabling column wrap while
                  > enabling word wrap, try saving and reloading the document.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Sheri

                  Jim,

                  Sheri is correct, usually changing wordwrap or columnwrap affects only
                  the focused file.

                  If you've saved many files with incorrect word/columnwrap you might go
                  into 'options' to set these as you like then with a file manager go to
                  NoteTab's main folder and delete the 'NotePro.fpr'.

                  The .fpr file is where settings for all previously opened files are
                  stored. This has little or no effect on files unless some of your files
                  have different font sizes or styles.

                  This should allow files opened afterward to conform to the current
                  options settings.

                  ºvº SL-5-69 -created- 2007.05.09 - 12.46.39

                  New Beer WARNING Label:
                  "The consumption of alcohol
                  May lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really
                  dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning."
                  ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
                • Jim Allen
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 9, 2007
                    I think I tried all options for getting Word Wrap on. I made new files and had it set in the options, but it never worked. Even when it said it was on in the Options. So I finally upgraded to the latest vesion and installed it to a new folder. Installing over the old version didn't work. I didn't have much to lose with a new install. It's working now.

                    Deleting that .fpr file sounds like it might have worked.

                    Thanks for all the help.