Word wrap doesn't turn on

  • Jim Allen
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8 9:50 AM
      I have NoteTab Std version 4.95. It used to work fine, but lately I
      can't get Word Wrap to turn on. I've tried the button on the
      toolbar, in the options and in the Document drop down menu. Still it
      won't wrap. Have I set something that is causing this? When I
      update word wrap it wraps to about 32 characters. It's set to wrap
      to 80.

      Any help please.

      Jim
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8 1:19 PM
        Jim Allen wrote:

        > I have NoteTab Std version 4.95. It used to work fine, but lately I
        > can't get Word Wrap to turn on. I've tried the button on the
        > toolbar, in the options and in the Document drop down menu. Still it
        > won't wrap. Have I set something that is causing this? When I
        > update word wrap it wraps to about 32 characters. It's set to wrap
        > to 80.
        >
        > Any help please.
        >
        > Jim

        Sounds like "Wrap to Column" is switched on.

        Jeff
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8 1:42 PM
          Jim Allen wrote:
          > I have NoteTab Std version 4.95. It used to work fine, but lately I
          > can't get Word Wrap to turn on. I've tried the button on the
          > toolbar, in the options and in the Document drop down menu. Still it
          > won't wrap. Have I set something that is causing this? When I
          > update word wrap it wraps to about 32 characters. It's set to wrap
          > to 80.
          >
          > Any help please.
          >
          > Jim

          > Sounds like "Wrap to Column" is switched on.
          >
          > Jeff

          Jim,

          If Jeffs' solution doesn't help you might try pasting this clip, then
          run it.

          You can run it multiple times with values to get a setting you like.
          Using a '0' I believe turns columnwrap OFF.

          H="Columnwrap"
          ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
          ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
          ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

          ºvº SL-5-62 -created- 2007.05.08 - 15.28.42

          New Beer WARNING Label:
          "The consumption of alcohol
          Is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead."
          ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Jim Allen
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8 9:52 PM
            I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.

            Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?

            Jim Allen

            > I have NoteTab Std version 4.95. It used to work fine, but lately I
            > can't get Word Wrap to turn on. I've tried the button on the
            > toolbar, in the options and in the Document drop down menu. Still it
            > won't wrap. Have I set something that is causing this? When I
            > update word wrap it wraps to about 32 characters. It's set to wrap
            > to 80.
            >
            > Any help please.
            >
            > Jim

            > Sounds like "Wrap to Column" is switched on.
            >
            > Jeff

            Jim,

            If Jeffs' solution doesn't help you might try pasting this clip, then
            run it.

            You can run it multiple times with values to get a setting you like.
            Using a '0' I believe turns columnwrap OFF.

            H="Columnwrap"
            ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
            ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
            ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

            ºvº SL-5-62 -created- 2007.05.08 - 15.28.42

            New Beer WARNING Label:
            "The consumption of alcohol
            Is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead."
            ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...

            Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com
            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Individual Email | Traditional
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 11 , May 8 11:11 PM
              Jim Allen wrote:
              > I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.
              >
              > Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?
              >
              > Jim Allen

              H="Columnwrap"
              ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
              ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
              ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

              Jim,

              Yes, this is getting into clips/scripts. You would paste the above 4
              lines into one of your libraries.

              The libraries/clipbooks are the tabs at the bottom of your edit window.

              When you click on one of those tabs that clipbook appears in the
              leftmost window, the clipbook editor, unless you've moved the editor to
              the right side of the edit window.

              You can copy and paste those lines into a clipbook.
              First, copy the lines to the clipboard, right-click on some point in the
              clipbook editor window.

              A menu dialog will open, select 'Add From Clipboard'.
              The clipname 'Columnwrap' will appear in the editor window.
              At that point right-click again on the newly added clipname.
              Again a menu dialog window opens, click on 'Save Now'.

              Having done the preceding correctly the clip should be ready to run,
              that is accomplished by clicking, or possibly, double-clicking the new
              clipname and entering a value in the dialog window that appears.

              ºvº SL-5-65 -created- 2007.05.09 - 00.50.09

              New Beer WARNING Label:
              "The consumption of alcohol
              May cause you to roll over in the
              morning and see something really scary."
              ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
            • Jim Allen
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9 7:51 AM
                That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling. Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.

                Thanks for the try.

                Jim

                > I have tried "wrap to column" both on and off with no difference.
                >
                > Where do I paste that clip to run it? Is this getting into scripts?
                >
                > Jim Allen

                H="Columnwrap"
                ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060107
                ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:15:32p
                ^!SetColumnWrap ^?{Wrap at which column=79}

                Jim,

                Yes, this is getting into clips/scripts. You would paste the above 4
                lines into one of your libraries.

                The libraries/clipbooks are the tabs at the bottom of your edit window.

                When you click on one of those tabs that clipbook appears in the
                leftmost window, the clipbook editor, unless you've moved the editor to
                the right side of the edit window.

                You can copy and paste those lines into a clipbook.
                First, copy the lines to the clipboard, right-click on some point in the
                clipbook editor window.

                A menu dialog will open, select 'Add From Clipboard'.
                The clipname 'Columnwrap' will appear in the editor window.
                At that point right-click again on the newly added clipname.
                Again a menu dialog window opens, click on 'Save Now'.

                Having done the preceding correctly the clip should be ready to run,
                that is accomplished by clicking, or possibly, double-clicking the new
                clipname and entering a value in the dialog window that appears.

                ºvº SL-5-65 -created- 2007.05.09 - 00.50.09

                New Beer WARNING Label:
                "The consumption of alcohol
                May cause you to roll over in the
                morning and see something really scary."
                ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...

                Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com
                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 11 , May 9 9:34 AM
                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Allen <vrhead2000@...> wrote:

                  > That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling.
                  Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.

                  > Thanks for the try.
                  >
                  > Jim

                  In NoteTab Std (at least 5.2) if there is an option available in the
                  menu to update column wrap, then column wrap is on for that document.
                  If you go into document properties and uncheck column wrap, it appears
                  that you have to save and reload the document before the display
                  changes. The only time "update column wrap" causes the current display
                  to change is if column wrap is on, and the entered column width got
                  narrower (not wider). So if widening column width or disabling column
                  wrap while enabling word wrap, try saving and reloading the document.

                  Regards,
                  Sheri
                • Jeff Scism
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 9 10:37 AM
                    Jim Allen wrote:

                    > That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling.
                    > Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that didn't work.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the try.
                    >
                    > Jim

                    Is it ALL documents or just some?

                    Jeff
                  • Jeff Scism
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 9 10:41 AM
                      Try Joining lines then saving? ( Select all then CTRL+J)

                      OR

                      Try replacing ^C with ^P or a Space?
                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 9 11:02 AM
                        Sheri wrote:
                        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Allen <vrhead2000@...> wrote:
                        >> That didn't work either. I might try uninstalling
                        > and reinstalling.
                        > Yesterday I tried installing over itself and that
                        > didn't work.

                        >> Thanks for the try.
                        >>
                        >> Jim
                        >
                        > In NoteTab Std (at least 5.2) if there is an option
                        > available in the
                        > menu to update column wrap, then column wrap is on
                        > for that document.
                        > If you go into document properties and uncheck column
                        > wrap, it appears that you have to save and reload the
                        > document before the display changes.

                        > The only time "update column wrap" causes the current
                        > display to change is if column wrap is on, and the
                        > entered column width got narrower (not wider).

                        > So if widening column width or disabling column wrap while
                        > enabling word wrap, try saving and reloading the document.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Sheri

                        Jim,

                        Sheri is correct, usually changing wordwrap or columnwrap affects only
                        the focused file.

                        If you've saved many files with incorrect word/columnwrap you might go
                        into 'options' to set these as you like then with a file manager go to
                        NoteTab's main folder and delete the 'NotePro.fpr'.

                        The .fpr file is where settings for all previously opened files are
                        stored. This has little or no effect on files unless some of your files
                        have different font sizes or styles.

                        This should allow files opened afterward to conform to the current
                        options settings.

                        ºvº SL-5-69 -created- 2007.05.09 - 12.46.39

                        New Beer WARNING Label:
                        "The consumption of alcohol
                        May lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really
                        dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning."
                        ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
                      • Jim Allen
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 9 8:03 PM
                          I think I tried all options for getting Word Wrap on. I made new files and had it set in the options, but it never worked. Even when it said it was on in the Options. So I finally upgraded to the latest vesion and installed it to a new folder. Installing over the old version didn't work. I didn't have much to lose with a new install. It's working now.

                          Deleting that .fpr file sounds like it might have worked.

                          Thanks for all the help.