Proxy prevents NotePro from checking for updates

  • Delaunay Christophe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      Hi list,

      Between my computer which runs Notetab Pro 5.1 and the internet, there
      is a proxy which requires authentication before allowing any application
      to access the internet.

      Although IE seems to *know* how to authenticate its connections and
      then, gives me full access to the web, Notetab doesn't seem to be able
      to update its "news and updates" window.

      When I read a message talking about the new 5.2 update, I was quite
      surprised since in my configuration, "help/poll for news" is checked and
      Notetab never advertised me of such an update before. Therefore, I
      manually tried "help/check for updates" but nothing was displayed about
      notetab 5.2.

      Finally, I opened an IE session, just to be sure that my computer was
      granted access to the internet and then, tried "help/check for updates"
      again. To no avail!

      So, is there an alternate way to check for NTP updates when the computer
      on which it is run requires authenticated connections to the internet
      please?

      Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris