Re[2]: View Source in IE 4.01?

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 5:07 PM
      I don't know about IE4 but in IE3 there were only 2 ways to change
      the source viewer----
      Take the exe you wanted & place it in the windows dir as notetab.exe
      or change the registry. Does editpad have an option to reset things
      back to notepad? I would think that once that's done, NoteTab could
      do it's thing.

      --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
      notetab-tips-subscribe@...
      **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

    • M M
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 8:37 PM
        Thanks, Kay. I've checked out the registry and all notepad (NoteTapPro)
        lines seem in right places.

        You're right in zeroing on the source of my problem...I didn't reset old
        notepad settings before uninstalling the EditPad. Thanks for pointing
        out my error.

        Ok, I made a zip file of an exe in Program Files | NoteTab Pro, moved
        and unzipped it in Windows directory. I renamed-disabled the
        notepad.exe (shortcut to NoteTab Pro)and also renamed NotePro.exe to
        Notepad.exe.

        The Source in the browser worked like a charm. Now I have a big baggage
        of two NotePro.exe files. It should be one. Which one should I
        eliminate?

        BTW, is this list secured against address-harvesting bots?

        Mike Moore