Templates/Clips/Outlines: I'm confused: HELP just a few "real" examples, please!

  • tim007san
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 12:58 PM
      To: Any compassionate soul with a little time to help an NTPro newbie
      like me, and likes a bit of a mathematical "challenge".

      Re: I teach ESL (English as a 2nd Language).

      I have to submit individual mid-term and final review sheets for
      about 80 student a term. That's a lot of typing and I'm not an
      accurate or fast typer. Big Problem!

      There are 5 different "levels" of students, from Beginner to
      Advanced; and a maximum of 4 students per class, so 21 classes with 4
      students each, of any number of the five levels each in a semester,
      would be 84 reviews, twice a semester.

      According to my senior staff: Each student review must be
      individualized (unique)for each student.

      There are five basic categories, but not limited to five, and about
      another 5 sub-categories, but not limited to that, that I can use to
      create comments about my students performance and suggestions about
      their personal challenges and how they can improve.

      Students in each of the five levels have many similar problems, but I
      can't write the same review for each of them: I have make many
      different variations of saying the same thing to satisfy the "senior
      staff" when they review my reviews.

      Each review has to be a minimum of 200 words and probably shouldn't
      be more than double that, because that will piss off my senior staff,
      who have to read them to evaluate my "review performance" and I'll
      get a low review score if I make them read too much.

      It's a huge stress, every semester, as a few of my reviews are
      "reviewed" randomly, by the senior staff, and if they find any
      grammar or spelling or logic errors, identical or substantially
      identical reviews, I get marked DOWN, in MY "Contract Review
      Evaluation", so everything needs to be PERFECT but DIFFERENT in these
      reviews.

      And there's not a lot of time to submit them, like one week each,
      when the reviews are submitted, mid-term and final. And we have
      daily "class reports" for that week's classes that are due at the
      same time.

      Needless-to-say, NoteTabPro and it's spell checker and ClipLibrary
      Feature has been indispensible.

      However, I long for, and desperately need, more "samples" and
      "examples" of the Outline and Template documents, how they are
      "created" and "used".

      In need help, so that I can make my own outline/templates and be able
      to substitute randomly (or individualy selected) comments (clips) to
      make each student's review, and make them all unique AND perfect
      (from the spelling/grammar/logic point of view.

      Can any kind soul help me utilize the POWER of NoteTabPro to do this?

      I'm not good with software and computers in general, but, at last, in
      my last semester or two I've been able to grasp (it was a kind of
      "Satori experience", generated by unbelieveable amount of pressure at
      work) the power of the Clip Library.

      It saved my ass last term, pardon my french, but I feel there is MUCH
      more in the Outline and Template sections of NTPRO that I still don't
      "get".

      However, I believe I could "get" their power, with a just few
      salient "examples" of how they are made, and how information is input
      into them, from each individual student's file, to make them unique.

      I really want to help my students improve by giving the personal
      reviews, and at the same time get great "reviews" myself from the
      senior staff, when they randomly look at my reviews.

      That's about it....

      HELP! PLEEEEEEEEEEESE.

      Really! I'm not kidding. I need HELP. I'm begging! NOW!

      Cheers, later, T

      PS I'm not rich or anything, but I would be willing to pay something
      reasonable, for a good tutorial on this. I just haven't found
      anything that I "get" on any of the forums...so far, if you know
      something, please let me know...for free?

      PPS It's MY fault, not anyone else's, don't get me wrong, I love
      NTPro: I'm just pretty thick when it comes to this computereese
      stuff...

      PPPS Sorry...BUT.....Please help...good karma for you!

      PPPPS All the examples in NTPro "help", about templates/outlines,
      well they leave me salivating, with no "meat" (or veggies) to
      eat...it's REALLY frustrating, I don't don't know how to create a
      template that will accept "input" to make a new document for each
      student review input document for the template that creates the
      individual review.....OR am I "overthinking" it all...I DON'T KNOW:
      Inquiring minds....NEED HELP....ASAP.

      PPPPPS I feel like I'm "drowning" every time I look at the "help"
      section in Notetab Pro....I just don't "get" it.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 7:31 AM
        Hello,

        I would suggest that you create a small outline and template, and post
        to the clips list in the form of, "how can make it automatically do (xyz
        = something specific)."

        This NoteTab Basic list covers only basic topics.

        Regards,
        Sheri