Changing library

  • Marco Paulinelli
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 19, 2007
      Hello,
      sorry about my terrible English!

      I am evaloating Notetab version 5.1 under Windows XP SP2. I am trying change the default library using the keyboard, but I am not getting it.

      I press escape and access the default library. After that I press shift+f10 do select other library to be the default. I choice tthe library I want and press enter, but Notetab
      not changes to it.

      What can I do?

      Thanks,

      Marco Antônio Paulinelli de Carvalho
      Skype:marco777 e-mail & MSN: mpaulinelli@... Home page: http://intervox.nce.ufrj.br/~marcoapc

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 19, 2007
        Marco Paulinelli wrote:
        > Hello,
        > sorry about my terrible English!
        >
        > I am evaloating Notetab version 5.1 under Windows XP SP2. I am trying change the default library using the keyboard, but I am not getting it.
        >
        > I press escape and access the default library. After that I press shift+f10 do select other library to be the default. I choice tthe library I want and press enter, but Notetab
        > not changes to it.
        >
        > What can I do?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >

        > Marco Antônio Paulinelli de Carvalho

        Huh, never knew this was an option before. It does give the library
        list, however, it doesn't change the library in nt 5.1. It does work in
        notetab 4.x, but not in 5.1.
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 19, 2007
          Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
          > Marco Paulinelli wrote:
          >> Hello,
          >> sorry about my terrible English!
          >>
          >> I press escape and access the default library. After that
          >> I press shift+f10 do select other library to be the default.
          >> I choice tthe library I want and press enter, but Notetab
          >> not changes to it.
          >>
          >> What can I do?
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> Marco Antônio Paulinelli de Carvalho
          >
          > Huh, never knew this was an option before. It does give the library
          > list, however, it doesn't change the library in nt 5.1. It does work in
          > notetab 4.x, but not in 5.1.

          Marco, Don,

          I didn't know this was an option either but, it does workforme in v5.1
          just as Marco described. I can press ESC, Shift+F10, scroll to a
          library of choice, press enter and the clipbook editor changes to, and
          displays my choice.

          The difference might be the way some of my other options are set!

          ºvº SL-3-152
          2007.03.19 - 21.12.51

          Rules guys wish girls knew...
          "It is neither in your best interest,
          nor ours, to take the quiz together."

          ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 19, 2007
            > > Huh, never knew this was an option before. It does give the library
            > > list, however, it doesn't change the library in nt 5.1. It does work in
            > > notetab 4.x, but not in 5.1.
            >
            > Marco, Don,
            >
            > I didn't know this was an option either but, it does workforme in v5.1
            > just as Marco described. I can press ESC, Shift+F10, scroll to a
            > library of choice, press enter and the clipbook editor changes to, and
            > displays my choice.
            I am on xp ... perhaps the system makes a difference?
            What you can do Marco to change is push f4 to toggle on the clip pane
            and use one of the drop downs, or use the buttons at the bottom of the
            notetab window until we figure this one out.

            I definitely get the list after escape then shirt+f10, but it won't
            change for me. I'm suspecting a bug somewhere, but options set/not set
            is another possibility in why we are having trouble and we are not.
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
              Hi
              you can change the library if you ESC then TAB around until library list
              highlights you can then use the UP and Down ARROWS KEYS to change the
              library this is in NTS5.1.
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              >> > Huh, never knew this was an option before. It does give the library
              >> > list, however, it doesn't change the library in nt 5.1. It does work
              >> in
              >> > notetab 4.x, but not in 5.1.
              >>
              >> Marco, Don,
              >>
              >> I didn't know this was an option either but, it does workforme in v5.1
              >> just as Marco described. I can press ESC, Shift+F10, scroll to a
              >> library of choice, press enter and the clipbook editor changes to, and
              >> displays my choice.
              > I am on xp ... perhaps the system makes a difference?
              > What you can do Marco to change is push f4 to toggle on the clip pane
              > and use one of the drop downs, or use the buttons at the bottom of the
              > notetab window until we figure this one out.
              >
              > I definitely get the list after escape then shirt+f10, but it won't
              > change for me. I'm suspecting a bug somewhere, but options set/not set
              > is another possibility in why we are having trouble and we are not.

              > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:

                >>> Huh, never knew this was an option before. It does give
                >>> the library list, however, it doesn't change the library
                >>> in nt 5.1. It does work in notetab 4.x, but not in 5.1.
                >>
                >> Marco, Don,
                >>
                >> I didn't know this was an option either but, it does workforme
                >> in v5.1 just as Marco described.
                >
                > I am on xp ... perhaps the system makes a difference?
                >
                > I definitely get the list after escape then shirt+f10, but
                > it won't change for me.

                Don,

                No relief in OSes, I have XP PRO - SP2. Still worksforme.

                ºvº SL-3-155
                2007.03.20 - 08.07.04

                Rules guys wish girls knew...
                "Learn to work the toilet seat: if it's up, put it down."

                ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                  > >> Marco, Don,
                  > >>
                  > >> I didn't know this was an option either but, it does workforme
                  > >> in v5.1 just as Marco described.
                  > >
                  > > I am on xp ... perhaps the system makes a difference?
                  > >
                  > > I definitely get the list after escape then shirt+f10, but
                  > > it won't change for me.
                  >
                  > Don,
                  >
                  > No relief in OSes, I have XP PRO - SP2. Still worksforme.

                  We discussed this bug on the NextRelease list last October. You can
                  cause the library to change only if you select a library whose name
                  does not display any underlined letters in the list displayed with
                  Shift-F10.

                  Regards,
                  Sheri
                • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                    Sheri wrote:
                    > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                    >> > I am on xp ... perhaps the system makes a difference?
                    >> >
                    >> > I definitely get the list after escape then shirt+f10, but
                    >> > it won't change for me.
                    >>
                    >> Don,
                    >>
                    >> No relief in OSes, I have XP PRO - SP2. Still worksforme.
                    >>

                    > We discussed this bug on the NextRelease list last October. You can
                    > cause the library to change only if you select a library whose name
                    > does not display any underlined letters in the list displayed with
                    > Shift-F10.

                    Your knowledge and memory never cease to amaze me. Is there a planned
                    fix to our knowledge?

                    You are correct. Better question then I guess is -- if this is
                    important to me -- can I intentionally force important libraries to not
                    be underlined? I presume it looks for a unique letter or something to
                    highlight ... what if I have a dummy library with same name + one character?
                  • Sheri
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

                      > Sheri wrote:

                      > > We discussed this bug on the NextRelease list last
                      > > October. You can cause the library to change only if
                      > > you select a library whose name does not display any
                      > > underlined letters in the list displayed with Shift-
                      > > F10.

                      > Your knowledge and memory never cease to amaze me.
                      > Is there a planned fix to our knowledge?

                      Hope so. :)

                      Don't know the timetable but Pro and Standard need updating to address
                      a few bugs and Vista issues, and Light also needs to be brought
                      up-to-date.

                      Regards,
                      Sheri
                    • Marco Paulinelli
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                        Hi,
                        And how can I make a library that name does not display any underlined letters in the list displayed with Shift-F10?

                        I am a blind person and it is impossible to mi use the mouse.
                        Does anyone know if is there an other way to change libraries using the keyboard in Notetab 5 under Windows XP Pro SP2?

                        Thanks.

                      • loro
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 20, 2007
                          Hi Marco,

                          >And how can I make a library that name does not display any underlined
                          >letters in the list displayed with Shift-F10?
                          >
                          >I am a blind person and it is impossible to mi use the mouse.
                          >Does anyone know if is there an other way to change libraries using the
                          >keyboard in Notetab 5 under Windows XP Pro SP2?

                          Yes, there is, but I don't know if it will work for you.

                          Ctrl+F6 will get you to the combo box at the top of the clipbook. All
                          libraries are listed in a drop-down there. The arrow keys will let you
                          scroll through them. Typing the first letters in a library name loads the
                          first library that matches. If you only have one library beginning on the
                          letter "F", "F" is all you have to type. If you have several you need to
                          type a few letters more until the string is unique for the library you
                          want. Ctrl+G to get back to the document.

                          Would that work?

                          Lotta

                          Lotta
                        • Marco Paulinelli
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 21, 2007
                            Hi Lotta,
                            Control+f6 doesn't work for me. But shift+f4 works well!
                            After that I can choice the clips using the arrow keys and enter.
                            If I press shift+tab I can select the libraries.
                            To turn back to the master document control+g is working well.

                            Many thanks!