Maximum Tabs in List displayed

  • getmeasam
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2007
      Is there a limit to the maximum number of tabs? I like the list
      feature so I can quickly access my text files. Lately, I have noticed
      that after around 200 open in the list the Notetab will stop
      remembering the ones I had open after I close and reopen.

      Is there a limit or way to get more?

      Thanks
      Mike
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2007
        Mike,

        This is an issue I have noticed just recently.

        Part of it is the upper limit to the size of an INI file, of 64 KB.
        Although, my INI file is less than that size, and should have enough
        room to remember more files.

        I think it relates to how deep the files are in your directory
        structure. I have not had time to test this myself.

        If you move files from a directory in My Documents to a directory just
        off a drive letter, it will not have as long a path, and should allow
        for more files to be remembered.

        I am waiting for a response to this issue on another list.

        I recall that NoteTab 4.95 remembered far more files. It is possible
        that it is a limit in version 5.x.

        --
        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions