RE: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- correction

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
      Hi Ken,

      While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here is a way
      to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties > Show In
      Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your Toolbar to your
      liking here.

      Best,
      Corl

      _____

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
        Thank you for that Corl.

        This is all very odd.

        I just got back in and rebooted my computer and EVERYTHING seems to
        be back to normal.

        Something must be (or have been) corrupting Notetab Pro these last
        couple days. Don't recall adding any new software or making any
        system chagnes around the time this strangeness started.

        Think I'll run an adware scan and a full virus scan tonight.

        If the puzzles persist, I'll be back. In the meantime, thanks again
        everyone for being here and being so helpful.

        Best,
        kwc

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ken,
        >
        > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
        is a way
        > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
        Show In
        > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
        Toolbar to your
        > liking here.
        >
        > Best,
        > Corl
        >
        > _____

        Behalf Of
        > ken winston caine
        > Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:25 PM
        > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- correction
        >

        > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
        it
        > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
        >
        > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
        View
        > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > kwc

      • Corl DeLuna
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
          Hi Ken,

          Rebooting, the magic cure for most all that ails you. ;-)

          I run Spybot-S&D as well

          Have you done an error check on your drive lately?

          Plus, you might make a back-up of the NotePro.ini in the NoteTab Pro folder.
          This is where all NTP preferences are stored. I back mine up with all my
          important files daily and copy it monthly. My HP has been great, but my
          previous Dell taught me to be extra cautious.

          Best,
          Corl

          _____

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Corl
          DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ken,
          >
          > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
          is a way
          > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
          Show In
          > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
          Toolbar to your
          > liking here.
          >
          > Best,
          > Corl
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com
          > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
          it
          > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
          >
          > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
          View
          > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > kwc

        • tapuekina
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
            I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
            html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
            where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.

            Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..

            "Cannot find file Glossary otl"

            I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
            not supposed to be.

            Thanks for your help.

            paul
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
              tapuekina wrote:
              > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
              > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
              > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
              >
              > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
              >
              > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
              >
              > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
              > not supposed to be.
              >
              > Thanks for your help.
              >
              > paul

              Hi,

              When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got a
              Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you have
              such a file in the directory where you installed yours?

              Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.

              Regards,
              Sheri
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                tapuekina wrote:
                > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it
                > because most html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that
                > I have it, still learning where things are, I am trying
                > to understand how to use it.
                >
                > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                >
                > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                >
                > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on
                > somewhere it was not supposed to be.
                >
                > Thanks for your help.
                >
                > paul

                Paul,

                Find the NoteTab main folder, there should be a subfolder, Outlines. In
                that folder should be a file named Glossary.otl. Since it failed to
                open when you clicked Glossary, the file may be missing.

                If so, here's a link to download the Glossary.otl file from NoteTab website.

                http://www.notetab.com/ftp/glossary.zip

                Download the file, unzip it and place it in the Outlines folder. It
                should then be displayed when you click Glossary under Help.

                ºvº SL-3-166
                2007.03.21 - 16.17.33

                Rules guys wish girls knew...
                "Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers."

                ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
              • tapuekina
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

                  > tapuekina wrote:
                  > > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because
                  most
                  > > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still
                  learning
                  > > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
                  > >
                  > > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                  > >
                  > > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                  > >
                  > > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere
                  it was
                  > > not supposed to be.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for your help.
                  > >
                  > > paul
                  > >
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got
                  > Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you
                  have
                  > such a file in the directory where you installed yours?
                  >
                  > Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Sheri

                  It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                  great enighbor just to run to when I need help.

                  Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                  folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                  drag and drop it into Notetap folder?

                  I did and it didn't work.

                  Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                  go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.

                  thanks,

                  paul
                • Sheri
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 22, 2007
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tapuekina" <tapuekina@...> wrote:

                    > It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                    > great enighbor just to run to when I need help.
                    >
                    > Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                    > folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                    > drag and drop it into Notetap folder?
                    >
                    > I did and it didn't work.
                    >
                    > Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                    > go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.
                    >
                    > thanks,
                    >
                    > paul

                    Hi Paul,

                    Hope you got that working now, you would probably need to restart
                    NoteTab after putting the file in the right place. I don't have any
                    Outlines subfolder, my Glossary.otl was installed directly in the
                    application folder under Program Files.

                    Regards,
                    Sheri