Re: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- New Problem

  • ken winston caine
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
      Uh oh. This may be beyond me.

      The clip I have is in the Dir Stuff collection I bought from Jody.

      I don't know how to actually see the date on it, or as far as that
      goes, how to actaully see the code and edit it. What I know how to
      do, and this may sound funny, is click on it and watch it work.

      And it definitely is alphabetizing by the full path, rather than by
      the first letter of the file name.

      I'm thinking of complicated workarounds....

      Favorites themselves, when I click on "Favorites" in top menu, are
      alphabetized by file name. I'm wondering if I open all the favorites
      (which should have them open by file name in alphabetical order) and
      then change my QuickLIst to show open documents, whether that might
      get my QuickList in filename alphabetical order?

      NEW WRINKLE: On the top menu, under View, I no longer
      show "options." The drop-down menu ends with "Spellchecker Options."
      I have no idea why my program is suddenly getting so weird...

      kwc

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

      > ken winston caine wrote:
      > > Oh, you're right, HSR. I was only selecting the *folder* not
      > > the actual file.
      >
      > > So... next challenge with this. It is sorting the .fvr file
      > > by path name, not by file names. And that is why I have the
      > > current jumble. Somehow before I was able to get it to sort
      > > them by file name without the full path.
      >
      > > Any idea what to do to get back to that?
      >
      > > Thanks. kwc
      >
      > Ken,
      >
      > If you're using the same clip as I, Last updated on 01-28-2006 by
      Jody
      > Adair, it should be sorting by filename correctly unless something
      has
      > broken the clip.
      >
      > There is one small oversight in the clip, a backup folder is
      created,
      > ^!MkDir "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup", but, the backup file isn't
      saved
      > into the backup folder, now it is. There are a few other minor
      > alterations and the clip works very well for the purpose it was
      written.

      > Here is the bottom portion of the clip, includes everything after
      the
      > ^!Continue command, replace this part of your clip with these lines
      > below to correct your clip and insure the clip isn't broken.
      >
      > ; =================
      > ^!IfSame ".fvr" "^$GetExt(^**)$" FVRFOCUSED
      > ^!Set %FavsLoc%=^$GetFavoritePath$
      > ^!SetWizardTitle Please visit: http://www.fookes.us
      > ^!SetWizardLabel EXPAND DIALOG, PICK .FVR-FILE TO SORT (fvr) [...]
      > ^!Open "^?{(T=O;F="Favorite Files (*.fvr)|*.fvr")=^%FavsLoc%}"
      > ;
      > :FVRFOCUSED
      > ; ·····
      > ^!SetDebug 1
      > ; -----
      > ^!SetWordWrap 0
      > ^!Delay 5
      > ^!MkDir "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup"
      > ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName("^##")$
      > ^!Toolbar Copy All
      > ^!Toolbar Paste New
      > ^!Save As "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup\^%FileName%.BAK"
> [...]
    • ken winston caine
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
        I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and it
        worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.

        However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under View
        (on the top menu). How do I get that back?

        Thanks,
        kwc
      • Corl DeLuna
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
          Hi Ken,

          While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here is a way
          to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties > Show In
          Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your Toolbar to your
          liking here.

          Best,
          Corl

          _____

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
            Thank you for that Corl.

            This is all very odd.

            I just got back in and rebooted my computer and EVERYTHING seems to
            be back to normal.

            Something must be (or have been) corrupting Notetab Pro these last
            couple days. Don't recall adding any new software or making any
            system chagnes around the time this strangeness started.

            Think I'll run an adware scan and a full virus scan tonight.

            If the puzzles persist, I'll be back. In the meantime, thanks again
            everyone for being here and being so helpful.

            Best,
            kwc

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ken,
            >
            > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
            is a way
            > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
            Show In
            > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
            Toolbar to your
            > liking here.
            >
            > Best,
            > Corl
            >
            > _____

            Behalf Of
            > ken winston caine
            > Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:25 PM
            > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- correction
            >

            > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
            it
            > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
            >
            > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
            View
            > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > kwc

          • Corl DeLuna
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
              Hi Ken,

              Rebooting, the magic cure for most all that ails you. ;-)

              I run Spybot-S&D as well

              Have you done an error check on your drive lately?

              Plus, you might make a back-up of the NotePro.ini in the NoteTab Pro folder.
              This is where all NTP preferences are stored. I back mine up with all my
              important files daily and copy it monthly. My HP has been great, but my
              previous Dell taught me to be extra cautious.

              Best,
              Corl

              _____

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Corl
              DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

              > Hi Ken,
              >
              > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
              is a way
              > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
              Show In
              > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
              Toolbar to your
              > liking here.
              >
              > Best,
              > Corl
              >
              > _____
              >
              > From: notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com
              > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
              it
              > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
              >
              > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
              View
              > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > kwc

            • tapuekina
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
                html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
                where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.

                Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..

                "Cannot find file Glossary otl"

                I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
                not supposed to be.

                Thanks for your help.

                paul
              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                  tapuekina wrote:
                  > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
                  > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
                  > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
                  >
                  > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                  >
                  > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                  >
                  > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
                  > not supposed to be.
                  >
                  > Thanks for your help.
                  >
                  > paul

                  Hi,

                  When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got a
                  Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you have
                  such a file in the directory where you installed yours?

                  Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.

                  Regards,
                  Sheri
                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                    tapuekina wrote:
                    > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it
                    > because most html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that
                    > I have it, still learning where things are, I am trying
                    > to understand how to use it.
                    >
                    > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                    >
                    > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                    >
                    > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on
                    > somewhere it was not supposed to be.
                    >
                    > Thanks for your help.
                    >
                    > paul

                    Paul,

                    Find the NoteTab main folder, there should be a subfolder, Outlines. In
                    that folder should be a file named Glossary.otl. Since it failed to
                    open when you clicked Glossary, the file may be missing.

                    If so, here's a link to download the Glossary.otl file from NoteTab website.

                    http://www.notetab.com/ftp/glossary.zip

                    Download the file, unzip it and place it in the Outlines folder. It
                    should then be displayed when you click Glossary under Help.

                    ºvº SL-3-166
                    2007.03.21 - 16.17.33

                    Rules guys wish girls knew...
                    "Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers."

                    ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
                  • tapuekina
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

                      > tapuekina wrote:
                      > > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because
                      most
                      > > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still
                      learning
                      > > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
                      > >
                      > > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                      > >
                      > > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                      > >
                      > > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere
                      it was
                      > > not supposed to be.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for your help.
                      > >
                      > > paul
                      > >
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got
                      > Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you
                      have
                      > such a file in the directory where you installed yours?
                      >
                      > Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Sheri

                      It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                      great enighbor just to run to when I need help.

                      Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                      folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                      drag and drop it into Notetap folder?

                      I did and it didn't work.

                      Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                      go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.

                      thanks,

                      paul
                    • Sheri
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 22, 2007
                        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tapuekina" <tapuekina@...> wrote:

                        > It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                        > great enighbor just to run to when I need help.
                        >
                        > Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                        > folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                        > drag and drop it into Notetap folder?
                        >
                        > I did and it didn't work.
                        >
                        > Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                        > go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.
                        >
                        > thanks,
                        >
                        > paul

                        Hi Paul,

                        Hope you got that working now, you would probably need to restart
                        NoteTab after putting the file in the right place. I don't have any
                        Outlines subfolder, my Glossary.otl was installed directly in the
                        application folder under Program Files.

                        Regards,
                        Sheri