Re: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- New Problem

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
      ken winston caine wrote:
      > Oh, you're right, HSR. I was only selecting the *folder* not
      > the actual file.

      > So... next challenge with this. It is sorting the .fvr file
      > by path name, not by file names. And that is why I have the
      > current jumble. Somehow before I was able to get it to sort
      > them by file name without the full path.

      > Any idea what to do to get back to that?

      > Thanks. kwc

      Ken,

      If you're using the same clip as I, Last updated on 01-28-2006 by Jody
      Adair, it should be sorting by filename correctly unless something has
      broken the clip.

      There is one small oversight in the clip, a backup folder is created,
      ^!MkDir "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup", but, the backup file isn't saved
      into the backup folder, now it is. There are a few other minor
      alterations and the clip works very well for the purpose it was written.

      Here is the bottom portion of the clip, includes everything after the
      ^!Continue command, replace this part of your clip with these lines
      below to correct your clip and insure the clip isn't broken.

      ; =================
      ^!IfSame ".fvr" "^$GetExt(^**)$" FVRFOCUSED
      ^!Set %FavsLoc%=^$GetFavoritePath$
      ^!SetWizardTitle Please visit: http://www.fookes.us
      ^!SetWizardLabel EXPAND DIALOG, PICK .FVR-FILE TO SORT (fvr) [...]
      ^!Open "^?{(T=O;F="Favorite Files (*.fvr)|*.fvr")=^%FavsLoc%}"
      ;
      :FVRFOCUSED
      ; ·····
      ^!SetDebug 1
      ; -----
      ^!SetWordWrap 0
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!MkDir "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup"
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName("^##")$
      ^!Toolbar Copy All
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ^!Save As "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup\^%FileName%.BAK"
      ^!Document PREV
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!SetHintInfo 0
      ^!Jump 1
      ;
      :LOOP1
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetLine$")$ SORT
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Find "\" B
      ^!IfError END
      ^!Select EOL
      ^!Toolbar Cut
      ^!Jump Line_Start
      ^!Toolbar Paste
      ^!InsertText @
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Goto LOOP1
      ;
      :SORT
      ^!Select ALL
      ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";0;1;0)$
      ^!Jump 1
      ;
      :LOOP2
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetLine$")$ TOP
      ^!Find "@" S
      ^!IfError END
      ^!Select BOL
      ^!Toolbar Cut
      ^!SetClipboard ^$StrReplace("@";"";"^$GetClipboard$";0;0)$
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Toolbar Paste
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Goto LOOP2
      ;
      :TOP
      ^!Jump 1
      ; =================

      ºvº SL-3-44
      2007.03.06 - 09.04.37

      In Only 30 Years...
      • 1977: Seeds and stems
      • 2007: Roughage

      ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
        hsavage wrote:
        > ken winston caine wrote: > Oh, you're right, HSR. I was only
        > selecting the *folder* not > the actual file.

        > > So... next challenge with this. It is sorting the .fvr
        > file > by path name, not by file names. And that is why I
        > have the > current jumble. Somehow before I was able to get
        > it to sort > them by file name without the full path.

        > > Any idea what to do to get back to that?

        > > Thanks. kwc

        > Ken,

        There is one small oversight in my clip, I left the ^!SetDebug line
        active, you should remove it or comment the line out by prepending with
        a semi-colon. Remove the below lines if that is your choice.

        ; ·····
        ^!SetDebug 1
        ; -----

        ºvº SL-3-45
        2007.03.06 - 12.38.58

        In Only 30 Years...
        • 1977: The Grateful Dead
        • 2007: Dr. Kevorkian

        ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
      • ken winston caine
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
          Uh oh. This may be beyond me.

          The clip I have is in the Dir Stuff collection I bought from Jody.

          I don't know how to actually see the date on it, or as far as that
          goes, how to actaully see the code and edit it. What I know how to
          do, and this may sound funny, is click on it and watch it work.

          And it definitely is alphabetizing by the full path, rather than by
          the first letter of the file name.

          I'm thinking of complicated workarounds....

          Favorites themselves, when I click on "Favorites" in top menu, are
          alphabetized by file name. I'm wondering if I open all the favorites
          (which should have them open by file name in alphabetical order) and
          then change my QuickLIst to show open documents, whether that might
          get my QuickList in filename alphabetical order?

          NEW WRINKLE: On the top menu, under View, I no longer
          show "options." The drop-down menu ends with "Spellchecker Options."
          I have no idea why my program is suddenly getting so weird...

          kwc

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > below to correct your clip and insure the clip isn't broken.
          >
          > ; =================
          > ^!IfSame ".fvr" "^$GetExt(^**)$" FVRFOCUSED
          > ^!Set %FavsLoc%=^$GetFavoritePath$
          > ^!SetWizardTitle Please visit: http://www.fookes.us
          > ^!SetWizardLabel EXPAND DIALOG, PICK .FVR-FILE TO SORT (fvr) [...]
          > ^!Open "^?{(T=O;F="Favorite Files (*.fvr)|*.fvr")=^%FavsLoc%}"
          > ;
          > :FVRFOCUSED
          > ; ·····
          > ^!SetDebug 1
          > ; -----
          > ^!SetWordWrap 0
          > ^!Delay 5
          > ^!MkDir "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup"
          > ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName("^##")$
          > ^!Toolbar Copy All
          > ^!Toolbar Paste New
          > ^!Save As "^$GetFavoritePath$Backup\^%FileName%.BAK"

        • ken winston caine
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
            I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and it
            worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.

            However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under View
            (on the top menu). How do I get that back?

            Thanks,
            kwc
          • Corl DeLuna
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
              Hi Ken,

              While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here is a way
              to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties > Show In
              Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your Toolbar to your
              liking here.

              Best,
              Corl

              _____

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
                Thank you for that Corl.

                This is all very odd.

                I just got back in and rebooted my computer and EVERYTHING seems to
                be back to normal.

                Something must be (or have been) corrupting Notetab Pro these last
                couple days. Don't recall adding any new software or making any
                system chagnes around the time this strangeness started.

                Think I'll run an adware scan and a full virus scan tonight.

                If the puzzles persist, I'll be back. In the meantime, thanks again
                everyone for being here and being so helpful.

                Best,
                kwc

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

                > Hi Ken,
                >
                > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
                is a way
                > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
                Show In
                > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
                Toolbar to your
                > liking here.
                >
                > Best,
                > Corl
                >
                > _____

                Behalf Of
                > ken winston caine
                > Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:25 PM
                > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: Re: [NTB] Notetab Pro -- correction
                >

                > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
                it
                > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
                >
                > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
                View
                > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > kwc

              • Corl DeLuna
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 6, 2007
                  Hi Ken,

                  Rebooting, the magic cure for most all that ails you. ;-)

                  I run Spybot-S&D as well

                  Have you done an error check on your drive lately?

                  Plus, you might make a back-up of the NotePro.ini in the NoteTab Pro folder.
                  This is where all NTP preferences are stored. I back mine up with all my
                  important files daily and copy it monthly. My HP has been great, but my
                  previous Dell taught me to be extra cautious.

                  Best,
                  Corl

                  _____

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "Corl
                  DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Ken,
                  >
                  > While someone figures out the answer to your actual question. Here
                  is a way
                  > to put it on your toolbar. Right click your Toolbar > Properties >
                  Show In
                  > Toobar scroll down and check Options. You can customise your
                  Toolbar to your
                  > liking here.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  > Corl
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: notetab@yahoogroups <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> .com
                  > I just rebooted Notetab Pro and ran the alphabetize clip again and
                  it
                  > worked. My QuickList is now alphabetized.
                  >
                  > However, puzzlingly, I still don't have the 'Options' tab under
                  View
                  > (on the top menu). How do I get that back?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > kwc

                • tapuekina
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                    I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
                    html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
                    where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.

                    Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..

                    "Cannot find file Glossary otl"

                    I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
                    not supposed to be.

                    Thanks for your help.

                    paul
                  • Sheri
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                      tapuekina wrote:
                      > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because most
                      > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still learning
                      > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
                      >
                      > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                      >
                      > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                      >
                      > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere it was
                      > not supposed to be.
                      >
                      > Thanks for your help.
                      >
                      > paul

                      Hi,

                      When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got a
                      Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you have
                      such a file in the directory where you installed yours?

                      Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.

                      Regards,
                      Sheri
                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                        tapuekina wrote:
                        > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it
                        > because most html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that
                        > I have it, still learning where things are, I am trying
                        > to understand how to use it.
                        >
                        > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                        >
                        > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                        >
                        > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on
                        > somewhere it was not supposed to be.
                        >
                        > Thanks for your help.
                        >
                        > paul

                        Paul,

                        Find the NoteTab main folder, there should be a subfolder, Outlines. In
                        that folder should be a file named Glossary.otl. Since it failed to
                        open when you clicked Glossary, the file may be missing.

                        If so, here's a link to download the Glossary.otl file from NoteTab website.

                        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/glossary.zip

                        Download the file, unzip it and place it in the Outlines folder. It
                        should then be displayed when you click Glossary under Help.

                        ºvº SL-3-166
                        2007.03.21 - 16.17.33

                        Rules guys wish girls knew...
                        "Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers."

                        ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
                      • tapuekina
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 21, 2007
                          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

                          > tapuekina wrote:
                          > > I recently bought Notetab Pro 5.1 version. I bought it because
                          most
                          > > html sites I visited to recomend it. Now that I have it, still
                          learning
                          > > where things are, I am trying to understand how to use it.
                          > >
                          > > Under help, I clicked on glossary and it responds with..
                          > >
                          > > "Cannot find file Glossary otl"
                          > >
                          > > I must have been too excited and have put my finger on somewhere
                          it was
                          > > not supposed to be.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks for your help.
                          > >
                          > > paul
                          > >
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > When I installed NoteTab Pro 5.1 into the default directory, I got
                          > Glossary.otl in my C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\ folder. Do you
                          have
                          > such a file in the directory where you installed yours?
                          >
                          > Glossary.otl opens when I click NoteTab Glossary in the Help menu.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > Sheri

                          It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                          great enighbor just to run to when I need help.

                          Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                          folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                          drag and drop it into Notetap folder?

                          I did and it didn't work.

                          Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                          go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.

                          thanks,

                          paul
                        • Sheri
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 22, 2007
                            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tapuekina" <tapuekina@...> wrote:

                            > It's always nice to see helpful people in this forum. It feels like a
                            > great enighbor just to run to when I need help.
                            >
                            > Sheri, I found the lonely file Glossary.otl listed on my Document
                            > folder. I don't know how it got here but it's here. Anyway, should I
                            > drag and drop it into Notetap folder?
                            >
                            > I did and it didn't work.
                            >
                            > Please don't laugh for holding my hands and show me where I should
                            > go. I'm totally feel inadeguate here...compared to you guys.
                            >
                            > thanks,
                            >
                            > paul

                            Hi Paul,

                            Hope you got that working now, you would probably need to restart
                            NoteTab after putting the file in the right place. I don't have any
                            Outlines subfolder, my Glossary.otl was installed directly in the
                            application folder under Program Files.

                            Regards,
                            Sheri