Re: [NTB] Jody passed away last night...

  • kalynuik1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28, 2007
      Jody will be solely missed by all.

      I remember years ago when Jody helped myself with a number of problems I had before I did some of my clipbooks, he always had the answer or knew where to get it, and even went out of his way to find the answer if he did not know. A truely dedicated person.

      Jody, may you always influence our lives and be with us in our hearts, thank-you for everything, may you "Rest in Peace". Thank-you for being there.

      Steve Kalynuik

    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 28, 2007
        While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
        Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
        when people ask me about one of the most useful software
        tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
        Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
        software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
        -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
        inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
        soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
        respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

        As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
        will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
        to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
        loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
        must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
        loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

        Scott
      • Carl Swann
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2007
          --- Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last
          > night at around 2 am
          > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he
          > will be greatly
          > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer
          > suffering and I believe he
          > is now with the Lord.

          May his soul find repose, and may peace envelop his
          friends and family. He was a friend and I will miss
          him.

          Carl Swann

          Get your own web address.
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
            sent the following details about the funeral:

            **********************
            Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
            Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
            Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
            will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
            **********************

            Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
            Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 2, 2007
              Hi everyone,

              Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
              something else:

              Mrs. Doreen Adair
              10535 Pinewood Lane
              Milton, FL 32583
              USA

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 6, 2007
                Hi everyone,

                Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • Joe Rose
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 9, 2007
                  It has been ages since I've visited the groups. It was an immediate
                  great sadness to read this news about Jody. I only needed help a
                  couple of times, (as I never got deep into Clip programming, etc.) but
                  his willingness to help and his "going the extra mile" were impressive
                  then, and appear to be illustrative of his life.

                  I echo Steve's thoughts... humbling to know just how much influence
                  one can be to thousands. May his kindnesses cause a like "kind tribe"
                  to increase!

                  Joe