--- In firstname.lastname@example.org
, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
> N. M. Wallace wrote:
> >Thanks! That did part of what I wanted--it does give me the right
> >margin I was looking for. Unfortunately, it's also still giving me
> >line breaks at the end of each line. Since I use NTS to compose things
> >like LJ comments before posting, this doesn't work.
> I don't know what the problem might be. Join Lines does remove the line
> breaks, both in Standard and Light, when you use Wrap to Column. I just
> tried. If I understand you right that works as it should in your
> not in your Standard? Pro never inserts the hard line breaks, the
> is all virtual there, but of course that doesn't solve your problem.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. What I did was:
1. Pasted the block of text into a new document with Word Wrap.
2. Went into Document > Properties and set it to wrap to column at
186. At this point, it rewrapped, but the hard breaks were at the end
of each line.
3. Went to Modify > Lines > Join Lines. I got a single continuous line
with no wrapping.
4. Saved the document.
5. Reopened. The text was wrapped, but the hard breaks were also at
the end of each line.
6. Joined lines again.
7. Tried Reformat Lines command. Still getting hard breaks.
I guess at this point, my only options are to shrink the window, or to
switch to another application--which is too bad, because I like
everything about NTS except for this problem. Unfortunately, it makes
it hard to read and edit my writing.