Going batty from the beta!

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1998
      Now when I try to look at my txt files with Quick View, I get some
      message (translating from Hebrew) telling me something like
      "The file is locked, or you have been denied access." I
      suppose that this has something to do with the story about the file
      association in my last note. This is even with all programs
      (except systray, or course) closed.
      It looks like at the moment, the only way I can view a text file is to
      open one of my text viewers from the program itself, and then
      open the file from there.

      Thanks,
      David.

    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 1998
        01.09.1998 1:28 AM djust@... wrote

        > Now when I try to look at my txt files with Quick View, I get some
        > message (translating from Hebrew) telling me something like
        > "The file is locked, or you have been denied access." I
        > suppose that this has something to do with the story about the file
        > association in my last note. This is even with all programs
        > (except systray, or course) closed.
        > It looks like at the moment, the only way I can view a text file is to
        > open one of my text viewers from the program itself, and then
        > open the file from there.

        Try putting txt (not .txt) in your Associations list under Options in
        NoteTab.

        --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
        notetab-tips-subscribe@...
        **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
        http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9