Re: [NTB] STILL attempting to clear up Code

  • GilaMountainDulcimers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2007
      I find that sometimes the validator will tell you there is a missing tag and you look at it and you see that it is really there. It is frustrating, but I have found that if there is a missing tag somewhere ABOVE it then it will throw the validator all into a frenzie.
      If you can find that one little thing that is wrong and then revalidate, sometimes several things will be cleared up. It seems that one little typo will cause a domino effect in the validator. I have had pages where the validator finds multiple errors and when I just fix one little error, all the other errors disappear.

      Hugs,
      Kerry Coates
      Visit all my websites!
      http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
      http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
      http://www.CharroCoats.com
      http://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2007
        Since you are using Transitional, I would take off the '/' characters:

        <link href="http://gpayne2.Home.mindspring.com/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

        If you want to use them, they should have a space before the '/' like this:

        <link href="http://gpayne2.Home.mindspring.com/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

        The hexadecimal color value for the "alink attribute was missing the '#' character.

        The "size" attribute had an invalid attribute value "+7" -- you should only use an integer offset from -6 to +6, or from 1 to 7.

        (corrected below)

        PAYNE PLACE</font>

        There was a nesting error in that the end tag for font should appear before the end tag </a>.

        You should not use uppercase characters. <BLOCKQUOTE> should be <blockquote>

        Another nesting error was in this area where the end tag for h5 should appear BEFORE the end tag for blockquote, and again it should be in lower case .

        Latest attempt to improve Source Code: 01/21/07 </BLOCKQUOTE></h5>

        Another nesting error: The end tag for h6 should appear before the end tag for blockquote in this area (I could not find the end tag for h6):

        Tested only with Internet Explorer 5.5 set at "Larger" text size setting; 1280x1024 32-bit Resolution.</BLOCKQUOTE>

        There were several places where the h5 tag was contained inside an h6 tag. You might want to do a search and find on those.

        You need to place color attribute values in quotations:

        Includes a Link to <font color="gold">State by State list

        My validator terminated because there were too many errors. If you fix these, perhaps several other warnings will disappear.

        That should give you a start. Once you have done all those corrections, send me the URL again and I will look at it again.