Re: [NTB] Changing Ctrl-Shift-A to Ctrl-Shift-H

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
      Ken:
      > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would not change the
      > shortcut for adding an outline heading from Ctrl+Shift+A to
      > Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the change to avoid a conflict with
      > another program, PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
      > itself from any running program.
      >
      > I have tried both
      > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
      > and
      > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing
      > ellipsis like on the main menu)
      >
      > I also have tried to switch the syntax from Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
      >
      > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
      I haven't tried this myself but I belief you might want to put any menu
      title group that contains a blank in quotes, so:
      Ctrl+Shift+H Document/:Outline Headings"/"Add Heading..."

      I know the quote marks would be necessary if you were using a ^!Menu
      command in clips.
      Let me know if the above works for you.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

        > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would
        > not change the shortcut for adding an outline heading
        > from Ctrl+Shift+A to Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the
        > change to avoid a conflict with another program,
        > PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
        > itself from any running program.
        >
        > I have tried both Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
        > Headings/Add Heading and Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
        > Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing ellipsis like on
        > the main menu)
        >
        > I also have tried to switch the syntax from
        > Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
        >
        > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
        >
        > Ken

        The problem is likely that Shift+Ctrl+H is already used.

        Unless you've remapped it, it is assigned to:

        Modify/Characters to HTML/Extended

        You have to use an available mapping for key assignments. To make a
        used one available, you must use an available one to free it up (i.e.,
        there's assignment for "none").

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • melchior prisi
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
          Hi,

          ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
          > I have tried both
          > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
          > and
          > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading...

          It's Outline, not Ouline:

          Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
          works here.

          Regards,
          Melchior
          --
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
            melchior prisi wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
            >> I have tried both
            >
            > It's Outline, not Ouline:
            >
            > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
            > works here.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Melchior

            Ken,

            Melchoir is correct, the proper line to enter into Shortcuts.dat is as
            follows; Shift+Ctrl+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading

            After adding to shortcuts.dat and saving the dat file any previous
            assignments are overwritten and re-assigned.

            Don't forget, to see the end result of this change you must have an
            Outline file loaded and focused.

            ºvº
            2006.12.09
            -Newspaper HeadLine...