Changing Ctrl-Shift-A to Ctrl-Shift-H

  • kenfhill84083
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
      I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would not change the
      shortcut for adding an outline heading from Ctrl+Shift+A to
      Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the change to avoid a conflict with
      another program, PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
      itself from any running program.

      I have tried both
      Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
      and
      Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing
      ellipsis like on the main menu)

      I also have tried to switch the syntax from Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.

      Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?

      Ken

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@...> wrote:

      > From Help Topics "Changing Keyboard Shortcuts"
      >
      > Sometimes searching help is easier than posting :)
      >
      > You can now change the default keyboard shortcuts for menu items by
      > creating a definition file called Shortcuts.dat in the NoteTab program
      > folder. Place one shortcut reassignment per line. Start the line with
      > the shortcut value, followed by a space, followed by the menu item.
      > The first menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top
      > of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the
      > name of the final menu item to activate. You must separate submenu
      > items with a forward slash and leave out any ellipsis. You should put
      > double quotes around a menu name if it contains one or more forward
      > slash characters. The case of characters does not have to be the same
      > as the actual menu commands.You can comment out shortcuts by putting a
      > semicolon at the start of the line. Note that this feature is not
      > available in NoteTab Light.
      >
      > Contents example for the Shortcuts.dat file:
      >
      > ;This line starts with a semicolon and is ignored by NoteTab
      > Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
      > Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"
      >

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "neveroutoftune" <greg@n...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Are the hotkeys customizable? I want my Find and Replace to be
      Ctrl-H
      > > like all other windows applications.

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
        Ken:
        > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would not change the
        > shortcut for adding an outline heading from Ctrl+Shift+A to
        > Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the change to avoid a conflict with
        > another program, PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
        > itself from any running program.
        >
        > I have tried both
        > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
        > and
        > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing
        > ellipsis like on the main menu)
        >
        > I also have tried to switch the syntax from Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
        >
        > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
        I haven't tried this myself but I belief you might want to put any menu
        title group that contains a blank in quotes, so:
        Ctrl+Shift+H Document/:Outline Headings"/"Add Heading..."

        I know the quote marks would be necessary if you were using a ^!Menu
        command in clips.
        Let me know if the above works for you.

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

          > I tried this technique with NTB pro 5.1 but it would
          > not change the shortcut for adding an outline heading
          > from Ctrl+Shift+A to Ctrl+Shift+H. I want to make the
          > change to avoid a conflict with another program,
          > PowerStructure, which uses Ctrl+Shift+A to manipulate
          > itself from any running program.
          >
          > I have tried both Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
          > Headings/Add Heading and Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline
          > Headings/Add Heading... (with trailing ellipsis like on
          > the main menu)
          >
          > I also have tried to switch the syntax from
          > Ctrl+Shift+H to Shift+Ctrl+H.
          >
          > Nothing works. Can anyone counsel me on this?
          >
          > Ken

          The problem is likely that Shift+Ctrl+H is already used.

          Unless you've remapped it, it is assigned to:

          Modify/Characters to HTML/Extended

          You have to use an available mapping for key assignments. To make a
          used one available, you must use an available one to free it up (i.e.,
          there's assignment for "none").

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • melchior prisi
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
            Hi,

            ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
            > I have tried both
            > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading
            > and
            > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Ouline Headings/Add Heading...

            It's Outline, not Ouline:

            Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
            works here.

            Regards,
            Melchior
            --
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2006
              melchior prisi wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > ----- on 10.12.2006 18:08 kenfhill84083 wrote:
              >> I have tried both
              >
              > It's Outline, not Ouline:
              >
              > Ctrl+Shift+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading
              > works here.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Melchior

              Ken,

              Melchoir is correct, the proper line to enter into Shortcuts.dat is as
              follows; Shift+Ctrl+H Document/Outline Headings/Add Heading

              After adding to shortcuts.dat and saving the dat file any previous
              assignments are overwritten and re-assigned.

              Don't forget, to see the end result of this change you must have an
              Outline file loaded and focused.

              ºvº
              2006.12.09
              -Newspaper HeadLine...