Re: How to restore my NTP configuration?

  • will_aka_clueless
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      Thanks Sheri,

      Yes, F6 opened my Quick List.

      And now I've got it back on the left side.

      But it's lost its former formatting. Am I going to have to manually
      set the color and font?

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"

      But all of the files

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "will_aka_clueless"
      > <will_aka_clueless@> wrote:
      >
      > > My favorites list is gone, and in it's place is a list
      > > with "HTML" in the little drop down box at the top.
      > > None of my favorite files is opened. And the NTP
      > > window is cluttered with all manner of liuttle buttons
      > > I've never seen before.
      >
      > Favorites is one of the choices for display in the "Quick List" side
      > panel. The Quick List normally appears on the right side (F6 to toggle
      > on and off), but if you set you ClipBook option to Dock on the right
      > side, the Quick List appears on the left side. You can access the
      > options for Clipbook and Quick List from View|Options in the menu, or
      > from the Tools menu (Clipbook properties and Quick List properties).
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri

    • Clueless in Seattle
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
        Little by little I've been getting NTP 4.95 back to the way it was
        working before it went blooey on me yesterday morning. Just a few
        moments ago I discovered that it had lost the WordStar Key Mapping and
        had to hunt for the control to get that back.

        So I imagine over the next few days I'll keep stumbling on settings
        that I'm going to have to figure out how to restore. Yesterday I
        tried to reset the background color on the Favorites list, but the
        "Define Custom Colors" option was out of commission. No matter where I
        moved the crosshairs, the color always came out white. But this
        morning, it was working again.

        That behavior, along with it losing all of my personal settings, leads
        me to believe that I may be dealing with a corrupted installation and
        may have to reinstall. Would this forum be the appropriate place to
        request advice on how to reinstall NTP 4.95 while trying to retain my
        personal settings in the process?

        And, I suppose, there is no way to answer the question of how it got
        so messed up. It was working fine until I decided to deselect the
        "Help > Poll for News" menu item. And in the process noticed the
        "Show Tip of the Day" menu item, and checked it. Then yesterday
        morning when I booted up I got a tip about dragging and dropping from
        the Clipbook into a document.

        The tip had a footer that said "Press F1 for more information about
        this tip." When I pressed F1 my NTP display changed radically and I
        lost all my personal settings. I guess that alone is reason enough to
        reinstall NTP, wouldn't you say?

        Will in Seattle
        a.k.a. "Clueless"