Re: How to restore my NTP configuration?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "will_aka_clueless"
      <will_aka_clueless@...> wrote:

      > My favorites list is gone, and in it's place is a list
      > with "HTML" in the little drop down box at the top.
      > None of my favorite files is opened. And the NTP
      > window is cluttered with all manner of liuttle buttons
      > I've never seen before.

      Favorites is one of the choices for display in the "Quick List" side
      panel. The Quick List normally appears on the right side (F6 to toggle
      on and off), but if you set you ClipBook option to Dock on the right
      side, the Quick List appears on the left side. You can access the
      options for Clipbook and Quick List from View|Options in the menu, or
      from the Tools menu (Clipbook properties and Quick List properties).

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • will_aka_clueless
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
        Thanks Sheri,

        Yes, F6 opened my Quick List.

        And now I've got it back on the left side.

        But it's lost its former formatting. Am I going to have to manually
        set the color and font?

        Will in Seattle
        a.k.a. "Clueless"

        But all of the files

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "will_aka_clueless"
        > <will_aka_clueless@> wrote:
        >
        > > My favorites list is gone, and in it's place is a list
        > > with "HTML" in the little drop down box at the top.
        > > None of my favorite files is opened. And the NTP
        > > window is cluttered with all manner of liuttle buttons
        > > I've never seen before.
        >
        > Favorites is one of the choices for display in the "Quick List" side
        > panel. The Quick List normally appears on the right side (F6 to toggle
        > on and off), but if you set you ClipBook option to Dock on the right
        > side, the Quick List appears on the left side. You can access the
        > options for Clipbook and Quick List from View|Options in the menu, or
        > from the Tools menu (Clipbook properties and Quick List properties).
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri

      • Clueless in Seattle
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
          Little by little I've been getting NTP 4.95 back to the way it was
          working before it went blooey on me yesterday morning. Just a few
          moments ago I discovered that it had lost the WordStar Key Mapping and
          had to hunt for the control to get that back.

          So I imagine over the next few days I'll keep stumbling on settings
          that I'm going to have to figure out how to restore. Yesterday I
          tried to reset the background color on the Favorites list, but the
          "Define Custom Colors" option was out of commission. No matter where I
          moved the crosshairs, the color always came out white. But this
          morning, it was working again.

          That behavior, along with it losing all of my personal settings, leads
          me to believe that I may be dealing with a corrupted installation and
          may have to reinstall. Would this forum be the appropriate place to
          request advice on how to reinstall NTP 4.95 while trying to retain my
          personal settings in the process?

          And, I suppose, there is no way to answer the question of how it got
          so messed up. It was working fine until I decided to deselect the
          "Help > Poll for News" menu item. And in the process noticed the
          "Show Tip of the Day" menu item, and checked it. Then yesterday
          morning when I booted up I got a tip about dragging and dropping from
          the Clipbook into a document.

          The tip had a footer that said "Press F1 for more information about
          this tip." When I pressed F1 my NTP display changed radically and I
          lost all my personal settings. I guess that alone is reason enough to
          reinstall NTP, wouldn't you say?

          Will in Seattle
          a.k.a. "Clueless"