Re: Optional New Line, rather than Cr, Ff?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Milke Liveright" <mll@...> wrote:

      > I think that the older NT used to represent "cr/lf" as \n, where as
      > 5.x now replaces \n, as cr/lf so that subsiquent replaces and finds
      > need to be done on \r\n ?. I wonder if there is an option that would
      > revert back to the older behavior that allows "\n\n" to find blank
      > lines without trying to "guess" if there is a "\r" in the middle, and
      > perhaps use "\r\f" as the new line alternatives?
      >
      > Of course I may be miss-remebering the older NT.

      If you are acting on an open document (instead of using Search Disk),
      you will always be acting on \r\n's as line endings because even when
      NoteTab opens Unix text, it must convert the \n to \r\n in order to
      display it. Not different in the old version. It reconverts before
      saving if the original document was Unix text.

      The only thing that has changed is the regex engine. With the old one,
      \n matched \r?\n, now it only matches the \n portion. You can use
      \r?\n if it makes you feel better (or to avoid guessing for files
      accessed with Search Disk). To match a series of empty lines try
      (\r?\n){2,}

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
        I posted a reply to this thread via the web interface, but never
        received it in email.

        Wonder if anyone else got it.

        You can see it here:

        Sheri
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
          Not yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still yet to arrive!

          At 05:42 PM 12/5/2006, Sheri wrote:

          >I posted a reply to this thread via the web interface, but never
          >received it in email.
          >
          >Wonder if anyone else got it.
          >
          >You can see it here:

          >Regards,
          >Sheri

        • Corl DeLuna
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
            I got it at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:10 AM

            _____

            I posted a reply to this thread via the web interface, but never
            received it in email.

            Wonder if anyone else got it.

            You can see it here:

            groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/message/19482

            Regards,
            Sheri