Re: [NTB] NoteTab doesn't show in Open With Program list

  • Don Arrowsmith
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      I've solved the problem: In the registry key

      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\NotePro.exe\shell\open\command

      the default value was

      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" "%1".

      This is not where the executable is. I changed the value to:

      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe" "%1"

      and everything's fine.

      I don't know why it was incorrect.

      Don
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
        Hi Don,

        On 02 Dec 06 19:40 "Don Arrowsmith" <don@...> said:
        > I've solved the problem: In the registry key
        > I changed the value to:
        >
        > "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe" "%1"
        >
        > and everything's fine.
        >
        > I don't know why it was incorrect.

        I know that my upgrade didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped,
        partly because my initial upgrade to 5.0 was by overwriting 4.95.
        With 5.1 I decided to start from scratch and import the various files
        that Eric has mentioned need to be transferred manually with this kind
        of upgrade.

        I assumed that I had done something wrong, and recall having to make a
        similar registry hack to you - but I didn't make a note at the time,
        so can't be sure that my problem was identical to yours. However, I
        suspect it was.

        Greg