NoteTab doesn't show in Open With Program list

  • Don Arrowsmith
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      I have NoteTab Pro v5.1 running on Windows XP SP2. It works great with
      this execption: If I right-click a file in Win Explorer and choose
      Open With then Choose Program, NoteTab doesn't show up in the list of
      Other Programs. If I then choose Browse, get to the NoteTab program
      folder, select the executable and click Open; it still doesn't show up
      on the list.

      For file types like TXT that are already associated with NoteTab,
      NoteTab shows as the Recommended Program.

      Thanks for any suggestions,
      Don
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        Hi Don,

        I set NoteTab to Replace MS Notepad, and in the situation you are talking
        about NoteTab is not represented, but when I select NOTEPAD from the list
        the file opens in NoteTab.

        Hope that helps,
        Corl

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          I've solved the problem: In the registry key

          HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\NotePro.exe\shell\open\command

          the default value was

          "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" "%1".

          This is not where the executable is. I changed the value to:

          "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe" "%1"

          and everything's fine.

          I don't know why it was incorrect.

          Don
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            Hi Don,

            On 02 Dec 06 19:40 "Don Arrowsmith" <don@...> said:
            > I've solved the problem: In the registry key
            > I changed the value to:
            >
            > "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe" "%1"
            >
            > and everything's fine.
            >
            > I don't know why it was incorrect.

            I know that my upgrade didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped,
            partly because my initial upgrade to 5.0 was by overwriting 4.95.
            With 5.1 I decided to start from scratch and import the various files
            that Eric has mentioned need to be transferred manually with this kind
            of upgrade.

            I assumed that I had done something wrong, and recall having to make a
            similar registry hack to you - but I didn't make a note at the time,
            so can't be sure that my problem was identical to yours. However, I
            suspect it was.

            Greg