Re: [NTB] Re: Layout of text on printed page doesn't match whats in the file

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
      Normally, when tabbed text (or spaced text) doesn't line up properly, it's
      because you are using proportionally spaced fonts, instead of mono-spaced
      fonts. Don't know if this is so in your case.

      Regards, Dave S

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Narder" <dnarder@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for taking the time to help. Your response was very informative.
        >
        > Unfortunately, it appears that "Type Tab = FIXED" is not an option
        in NT
        > Light. I may have to upgrade to the paid version.
        >
        > As far as different programs displaying the same text differently, I
        can see
        > how that can happen.
        >
        > But, even NT Light doesn't print the document as it appears in NT
        Light.
        > Very disappointing.

        ANother reason for upgrading to Pro is, that Pro lets you
        replace tabs with spaces, once you have the document looking
        the way you want to print it.

        (Modify/Spaces/convert tabs to spaces)

        Abair.