Re: [NTB] Re: Layout of text on printed page doesn't match whats in the file

  • Dan Narder
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
      Thanks for taking the time to help. Your response was very informative.

      Unfortunately, it appears that "Type Tab = FIXED" is not an option in NT
      Light. I may have to upgrade to the paid version.

      As far as different programs displaying the same text differently, I can see
      how that can happen.

      But, even NT Light doesn't print the document as it appears in NT Light.
      Very disappointing.

      Dan

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
        Normally, when tabbed text (or spaced text) doesn't line up properly, it's
        because you are using proportionally spaced fonts, instead of mono-spaced
        fonts. Don't know if this is so in your case.

        Regards, Dave S

        > Thanks for taking the time to help. Your response was very informative.
        >
        > Unfortunately, it appears that "Type Tab = FIXED" is not an option in NT
        > Light. I may have to upgrade to the paid version.
        >
        > As far as different programs displaying the same text differently, I can
        > see
        > how that can happen.
        >
        > But, even NT Light doesn't print the document as it appears in NT Light.
        > Very disappointing.
        >
        > Dan

      • abairheart
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Narder" <dnarder@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for taking the time to help. Your response was very informative.
          >
          > Unfortunately, it appears that "Type Tab = FIXED" is not an option
          in NT
          > Light. I may have to upgrade to the paid version.
          >
          > As far as different programs displaying the same text differently, I
          can see
          > how that can happen.
          >
          > But, even NT Light doesn't print the document as it appears in NT
          Light.
          > Very disappointing.

          ANother reason for upgrading to Pro is, that Pro lets you
          replace tabs with spaces, once you have the document looking
          the way you want to print it.

          (Modify/Spaces/convert tabs to spaces)

          Abair.