Re: Layout of text on printed page doesn't match whats in the file

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Narder" <dnarder@...> wrote:

      > I just started using NoteTab Light.
      >
      > If I position text in a line by using tabs, when I print the file or
      copy &
      > paste the contents of the file to another program, the position of
      the text
      > on the printed page or in the pasted text is not always the same as
      it is
      > shown to be in NoteTab.

      That's the trouble with TABS. TABs are just single characters. How the
      program interprets it is up to each program.

      One fix is to configure both programs to the same tab size.
      The other is to change NOTETAB to fixed tabs.

      View/Options/Documents/Tabs size=8 (or whatever) and Type Tab = FIXED.

      HOWEVER, NoteTab Lite porbably displays in MONO-SPACE, and the other
      application MAY display in a proportional font. In this case, the
      characters used in the text PRECEDING the TAB may push the TAB to the
      tab MAY help. Changing the other application to MONO-SPACE WILL HELP.

      If none of the above helps, you'll have to throw away your PC.

      Abair.