Layout of text on printed page doesn't match whats in the file

  • Dan Narder
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
      I just started using NoteTab Light.

      If I position text in a line by using tabs, when I print the file or copy &
      paste the contents of the file to another program, the position of the text
      on the printed page or in the pasted text is not always the same as it is
      shown to be in NoteTab.

      How can I get text on a printed page to match what I see on the screen when
      using tabs?

      Regards,
      Dan

      Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
      https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx
    • abairheart
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Narder" <dnarder@...> wrote:

        > I just started using NoteTab Light.
        >
        > If I position text in a line by using tabs, when I print the file or
        copy &
        > paste the contents of the file to another program, the position of
        the text
        > on the printed page or in the pasted text is not always the same as
        it is
        > shown to be in NoteTab.

        That's the trouble with TABS. TABs are just single characters. How the
        program interprets it is up to each program.

        One fix is to configure both programs to the same tab size.
        The other is to change NOTETAB to fixed tabs.

        View/Options/Documents/Tabs size=8 (or whatever) and Type Tab = FIXED.

        HOWEVER, NoteTab Lite porbably displays in MONO-SPACE, and the other
        application MAY display in a proportional font. In this case, the
        characters used in the text PRECEDING the TAB may push the TAB to the
        tab MAY help. Changing the other application to MONO-SPACE WILL HELP.

        If none of the above helps, you'll have to throw away your PC.

        Abair.