Lost Clip Library

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
      I have just updated to version 5.1.

      I used all the deafults as they were presented and now I have lost my
      clip loibrary.

      What should I do, start again or can I recover the lost file?

      Thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
        Robin Chapple wrote:
        > I have just updated to version 5.1.
        >
        > I used all the deafults as they were presented and now I have lost my
        > clip loibrary.

        They are still out there. I think you recover them under Program
        Files/NoteTab(*Pro*)/Libraries.

        The new setup uses a different place to put them more consistent with
        multi-user machines, or something like that. I think a failure to
        attempt to recover your existing clips is a shortcoming in the new
        installation that is confusing a lot of people. I wonder if someone
        couldn't write a clip to recover it?

        Anyway, I didn't pay attention to the details, but I do want to assure
        you they are still out there. If you can start version 4x (you can have
        both running and that is a good idea because a few of them won't run
        right under 5.x) you can simply copy any you like over that way too,
        although it is less efficient than simply moving a library at a time.
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
          Hi Robin,

          Simply install version 5.1 over your old version and it will use all
          your settings and libraries as before without further work.

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes