Re: [NTB] ISO? UTF ? How to set it

  • swisscatdk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      When I open my mailbox "Ticket Reservations" in NoteTab, mails have
      different Content-Type lines, for example, one particular email:

      When I delete this lines, it makes no difference and the mails are
      still displayed "correctly" in Thunderbird (i.e. the mailbox file is
      not corrupted) but I still get odd characters instead of the umlauts
      etc.

      The problem is that - using the email with this Content-Type as an
      example, I also have, as a subject
      >From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ferdi_Lösch?= <nobody@...>

      The iso-8859-1 etc. additions are because of the "ä" and ö of course.

      The odd thing is that when I open the mailbox file in Windows' own
      Editor, many words are displayed correctly.

      But I am content to wait and see what the new addition will do :-)