Re: [NTB] ISO? UTF ? How to set it

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi Don,

      >> Characters like =FC =F6 =D4 are extended or Unicode characters that the
      >> sender's mail client has encoded using a method called quoted-printable
      >> encoding. So what you're seeing is not a NoteTab issue. NoteTab is
      >> simply displaying the text as it is stored in your mailbox file.
      >>
      >> We're getting ready to release Mailbag Assistant later today. This new
      >> update will display your UTF-8 messages correctly. Maybe that'll be a
      >> good solution for what you're trying to do.
      >>
      > Or email the clips list with the affected characters and I bet an easy
      > clip could be used?

      It could indeed be done that way. But the changes must not be saved or
      the mailbox file will be corrupted and may not display correctly in
      Thunderbird. So this can be a risky procedure.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • swisscatdk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
        When I open my mailbox "Ticket Reservations" in NoteTab, mails have
        different Content-Type lines, for example, one particular email:

        When I delete this lines, it makes no difference and the mails are
        still displayed "correctly" in Thunderbird (i.e. the mailbox file is
        not corrupted) but I still get odd characters instead of the umlauts
        etc.

        The problem is that - using the email with this Content-Type as an
        example, I also have, as a subject
        >From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ferdi_Lösch?= <nobody@...>

        The iso-8859-1 etc. additions are because of the "ä" and ö of course.

        The odd thing is that when I open the mailbox file in Windows' own
        Editor, many words are displayed correctly.

        But I am content to wait and see what the new addition will do :-)