Re: Note Tab Pro Trial

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tobyrjr" <tobyrjr@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm currently trialling NTP Trial. I know that the Trial version
      > is missing a few features, but is it otherwsie a complete veriosn of
      > NTP proper? I ask because I find that it has trouble saving a large
      > tesxt file I've got (512 kB). Quite often when I try to save this
      > file NTP trial stops responding, and consumes 99% CPU utilisation.
      On
      > one occasion it even seemed to delete the file (but fortunately there
      > was a .bak copy!) If NTP Trial *is* basically a full "fast" version
      > of NoteTab, is it possible that my installed version has got
      corrupted
      > somehow? Would a reinstall help? Can/shodl I just re-install over
      > hte existing copy?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
      > Toby

      I recall some mention that unlike the full version, the trial version
      uses a 3rd party anti-hacking wrapper which has some impact on speed
      and is incompatible with some software, but I shouldn't think it has
      anything to do with document file size. Maybe there's a problem with
      your harddisk, at least the area where this particular file is stored.
      I would suggest testing and defragging your hard disk to see if the
      problem goes away.

      Regards,
      Sheri