Re: [NTB] Re: Highlighting blocks of text

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2006
      I think he means that while you can select a block of text, it isn't
      highlighted correctly.

      It is on the eventual drawing board, but not soon to my knowledge.

      Sheri wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tobyrjr" <tobyrjr@...> wrote:
      >> I see that at the moment it's not possible to highlight
      >> a block of text (rather, a block is deduced from the
      >> start and end co-ordinates of the selected text). I
      >> don't know if any NTP developers read this list, but
      >> does anyone know if such a feature is on the road-map
      >> for NTP? (I saw a post dated June this year whihc
      >> said that for *NTO* > it was delayed, so I'm wondering
      >> if there is now news about NTP).
      >>
      >> thanks Toby
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I can't figure out what you mean. Perhaps it would help if you post
      > a link to the message you read. With clips, we can set the cursor to
      > a predetermined position and ^!SelectTo another position in the
      > document, thus highlighting a block like you described.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > I think he means that while you can select a block of
        > text, it isn't highlighted correctly.
        >
        > It is on the eventual drawing board, but not soon to my
        > knowledge.

        It finally dawned on me, you guys must be referring to rectangular
        shaped "blocks".

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • tobyrjr
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
          Exactly that. Thanks for the info - in many ways I prefer NTP to my
          current editor (UltraEdit32), but the I use blocks (or "column mode"
          as UE32 calls it) a lot. I'll come back for another look in a year or so.

          regards
          Toby

        • buralex@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
            Toby:

            I won't try to convince you that the way Notetab handles highlighting
            blocks is just-as-good as ... it isn't :-(

            I sometimes switch to PSPad when I want to be able to work with
            rectangular blocks (or syntax highlighting).

            Since you obviously have a good mental checklist of the features that
            are important/mandatory/desirable if you have the time could I ask you
            to briefly sketch out the PRO's of Notetab vs. Ultraedit and the CON's
            of Notetab vs. Ultraedit.

            I don't work for Notetab but input from evaluators such as yourself
            *MIGHT* mean that when you come back for your next look in a year you
            find the features that makes the benefits of using Notetab more obvious :-)

            If I could get you to join (temporarily) one more list
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/ that would be the right
            place to send your thoughts.

            Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
              tobyrjr wrote:
              > Exactly that. Thanks for the info - in many ways I prefer NTP to my
              > current editor (UltraEdit32), but the I use blocks (or "column mode"
              > as UE32 calls it) a lot. I'll come back for another look in a year or so.
              >
              > regards
              > Toby

              Huh? It is merely a display issue and it works just fine. You're
              missing the best thing since sliced bread in my humble opinion.