Copying bookmarked lines

  • tobyrjr
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
      Hi, I've just started a trial of NTP to see if I want to replace my
      current text editor, UltraEdit. One of the main features I'm looking
      for in a text editor is the ability to do the following.

      1) Search for a phrase and bookmark all lines with that phrase
      2) Copy all the bookmarked lines to the clipboard

      My old text editor (TextPad) used to do this "natively" i.e. with
      options in the Search box. How about NTP? Is it possible "out of the
      box" or is a clip required (indeed, possible?) Is there already a
      clip out there that anyone that does this?

      thanks!
    • tobyrjr
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
        I should qualify this question - when I asked it I had not realised
        that you could only set 10, individually numbered bookmarks. Is there
        an alternative to bookmarks which allows me to mark lines for later
        copying/deleting?
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
          tobyrjr wrote:
          > Hi, I've just started a trial of NTP to see if I want to replace my
          > current text editor, UltraEdit. One of the main features I'm looking
          > for in a text editor is the ability to do the following.
          >
          > 1) Search for a phrase and bookmark all lines with that phrase
          > 2) Copy all the bookmarked lines to the clipboard
          >
          > My old text editor (TextPad) used to do this "natively" i.e. with
          > options in the Search box. How about NTP? Is it possible "out of the
          > box" or is a clip required (indeed, possible?) Is there already a
          > clip out there that anyone that does this?
          >
          > thanks!

          Simple clip would achieve the result. I don't know what you mean by
          bookmark? But you can easily find all lines with a particular search
          match and put them into another file. If you want such a clip, simply
          email the clips list. (clips are not shared/discussed on this general
          list).

          Don