Re: What are "Multiple tabulator settings?"

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade my Standard 4.95 to 5.1
      > or just buy Pro 5.1. I see that Pro does not have "Multiple
      > tabulator settings" and Standard does.
      >
      > What exactly are "Multiple tabulator settings" and why doesn't Pro
      > have them? How are "Multiple tabulator settings" used?
      >
      > Thank you in advance for all replies.
      > --
      > Never ever let your brain explode. It's VERY bad for you and
      > it leaves a terrible mess for someone to clean up.

      Hi Daniel,

      Its talking about tab stops. In NoteTab Pro, when "Real" tabs are
      used, there is only one tab size, e.g. 5. Inserting a tab moves the
      cursor visually to column 5, insert another goes to column 10 and so
      forth.

      In NoteTab Standard you could set tab size with multiple settings,
      e.g., 5;20.

      The same document displayed in Standard will have text for the 2nd
      tab lining up at column 20 instead of column 10.

      In both, the "Real" tab is actually only one character.

      NoteTab Pro has other options for use of the tab key besides "Real".
      E.g., it can insert multiple space characters instead of single real
      tabs.

      Regards,
      Sheri