Re: [NTB] Standard 4.95 not recognizing misspelled word

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Gerard Huijing <inboxgen@...> wrote:

      > Gerard Huijing wrote:
      > >

      > > Daniel Prince wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I have been editing a file written by someone else and I
      noticed
      > > > that NoteTab Standard 4.95 did not mark "untill" as
      misspelled. I
      > > > loaded my user dictionary and "untill" is not there. Does 5.1
      do
      > > > the same thing?
      > >

      > Yes
      >
      > Edit:
      > That is for NTB Pro 5.1

      Same here using the Aussie dictionary in Pro 5.1 but auto correct
      works.

      Did some simple tests & it seems that all (American. British &
      Aussie) dictionaries consider BOTH 'untill' and 'until' as correct.
      I have not seen another spell checker that lists 'untill' as correct.

      Is there some way to edit the dictionaries?
    • Gerard Huijing
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
        Stan wrote:

        > Same here using the Aussie dictionary in Pro 5.1 but auto correct
        > works.
        >
        > Did some simple tests & it seems that all (American. British &
        > Aussie) dictionaries consider BOTH 'untill' and 'until' as correct.
        > I have not seen another spell checker that lists 'untill' as correct.

        Wordweb (Pro), which can be integrated with NTB BTW, flags 'untill' as
        incorrect no matter what locale I set it to. Not sure if you can set
        different locales on the fly with the free WordWeb.
        As I am writing this, I see that Thunderbird flags 'untill' as incorrect
        spelling as well.

        It could, of course, be possible that all NTB word lists contain the
        same mistake because they started with the same basic list.

        Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
        2312 ZD Leiden
        Netherlands
        inboxgen@...