Standard 4.95 not recognizing misspelled word

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2006
      I have been editing a file written by someone else and I noticed
      that NoteTab Standard 4.95 did not mark "untill" as misspelled. I
      loaded my user dictionary and "untill" is not there. Does 5.1 do
      the same thing?
      --
      Never ever let your brain explode. It's VERY bad for you and
      it leaves a terrible mess for someone to clean up.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
        Daniel Prince wrote:

        > I have been editing a file written by someone else and I noticed
        > that NoteTab Standard 4.95 did not mark "untill" as misspelled. I
        > loaded my user dictionary and "untill" is not there. Does 5.1 do
        > the same thing?

        Yes

        -----------------------
        Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
        2312 ZD Leiden
        Netherlands
        inboxgen@...
      • Gerard Huijing
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
          Gerard Huijing wrote:

          > Daniel Prince wrote:
          > >

          > > I have been editing a file written by someone else and I noticed
          > > that NoteTab Standard 4.95 did not mark "untill" as misspelled. I
          > > loaded my user dictionary and "untill" is not there. Does 5.1 do
          > > the same thing?

          Yes

          Edit:
          That is for NTB Pro 5.1

          -------------------------
          Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
          2312 ZD Leiden
          Netherlands
          inboxgen@...
        • Stan
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Gerard Huijing <inboxgen@...> wrote:

            > Gerard Huijing wrote:
            > >

            > > Daniel Prince wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I have been editing a file written by someone else and I
            noticed
            > > > that NoteTab Standard 4.95 did not mark "untill" as
            misspelled. I
            > > > loaded my user dictionary and "untill" is not there. Does 5.1
            do
            > > > the same thing?
            > >

            > Yes
            >
            > Edit:
            > That is for NTB Pro 5.1

            Same here using the Aussie dictionary in Pro 5.1 but auto correct
            works.

            Did some simple tests & it seems that all (American. British &
            Aussie) dictionaries consider BOTH 'untill' and 'until' as correct.
            I have not seen another spell checker that lists 'untill' as correct.

            Is there some way to edit the dictionaries?
          • Gerard Huijing
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
              Stan wrote:

              > Same here using the Aussie dictionary in Pro 5.1 but auto correct
              > works.
              >
              > Did some simple tests & it seems that all (American. British &
              > Aussie) dictionaries consider BOTH 'untill' and 'until' as correct.
              > I have not seen another spell checker that lists 'untill' as correct.

              Wordweb (Pro), which can be integrated with NTB BTW, flags 'untill' as
              incorrect no matter what locale I set it to. Not sure if you can set
              different locales on the fly with the free WordWeb.
              As I am writing this, I see that Thunderbird flags 'untill' as incorrect
              spelling as well.

              It could, of course, be possible that all NTB word lists contain the
              same mistake because they started with the same basic list.

              Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
              2312 ZD Leiden
              Netherlands
              inboxgen@...