Re: selecting paragraphs with shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys

  • kenfhill84083
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9 1:43 PM
      Thanks to hsavage for the tip about turning word wrap off. That
      should help some, although I like the way Lite works since it conforms
      to the way most Windows programs work.

      I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
      reply explaining the difference between NTB versions. I hope this
      does not mean all future versions are going to depart from the Windows
      standard in this. -Ken

      --- Jody answer ---
      The reason they are different is not due to Pro being a better
      editor, but it is because Pro and Std/Light use a different input
      control. Pro uses a non-Microsoft input control and Std/Light uses
      the Rich Edit Control that comes with all versions of Windows.

      We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
      versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
      NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

      > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
      > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
      > does in most other Windows programs).
      >
      > Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
      > Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
      > not moving the cursor or selecting text.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
      > trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?

    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9 4:07 PM
        > > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
        > > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it

        I use SHFT-up/down arrow and do it line by line. Never heard of the other.

        Using 4.95 pro and 5.1 pro on windows xp.

        rd
      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10 9:44 AM
          kenfhill84083 wrote:
          > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
          > reply explaining the difference between NTB versions.
          By the way, Jody is a HIM -- but he doesn't get too testy when new
          members on the list make this slipup.
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11 4:11 PM
            Hi Ken and Others,

            I've been extremely busy for months now and trying to clean out
            my In box some. I ran across this older message and thought I'd
            clear up a couple points.

            > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt
            > from her reply explaining...

            Just checked, and I can assure you I'm still a guy. <grin>

            I found a message from me with the text below. It was from 2004
            when we still had plans on changing the input control for NoteTab
            in v5. That is no longer true.

            >We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
            >versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
            >NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

            Happy Tab'n,