Re: [NTB] selecting paragraphs with shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys

  • Richard Beddard
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
      I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but my full version of NT Pro does
      what you are experiencing i.e. you can't select a paragraph this way (
      Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow ).

      Richard

      --
      Richard Beddard
      http://richrach.com/

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
        kenfhill84083 wrote:
        > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
        > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
        > does in most other Windows programs).
        >
        > Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
        > Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
        > not moving the cursor or selecting text.
        >
        > Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
        > trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?

        ken,

        What you describe is not, quite, a feature of Pro. With Pro the
        paragraph delimiter is CRLF, the easiest ways to select a paragraph
        would be, place the cursor on the line you want, unwrap lines =
        'Ctrl+W', then Ctrl+Down arrow. That will select the line/paragraph you
        want, that single line is a paragraph.

        ºvº
        2006.10.09
        "Do These Jeans Make My Bum Look Big? - Why Men Lie."
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • kenfhill84083
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
          Thanks to hsavage for the tip about turning word wrap off. That
          should help some, although I like the way Lite works since it conforms
          to the way most Windows programs work.

          I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
          reply explaining the difference between NTB versions. I hope this
          does not mean all future versions are going to depart from the Windows
          standard in this. -Ken

          --- Jody answer ---
          The reason they are different is not due to Pro being a better
          editor, but it is because Pro and Std/Light use a different input
          control. Pro uses a non-Microsoft input control and Std/Light uses
          the Rich Edit Control that comes with all versions of Windows.

          We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
          versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
          NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

          > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
          > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
          > does in most other Windows programs).
          >
          > Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
          > Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
          > not moving the cursor or selecting text.
          >
          > Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
          > trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?

        • rpdooling
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
            > > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
            > > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it

            I use SHFT-up/down arrow and do it line by line. Never heard of the other.

            Using 4.95 pro and 5.1 pro on windows xp.

            rd
          • Don Daugherty
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
              kenfhill84083 wrote:
              > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
              > reply explaining the difference between NTB versions.
              By the way, Jody is a HIM -- but he doesn't get too testy when new
              members on the list make this slipup.
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
                Hi Ken and Others,

                I've been extremely busy for months now and trying to clean out
                my In box some. I ran across this older message and thought I'd
                clear up a couple points.

                > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt
                > from her reply explaining...

                Just checked, and I can assure you I'm still a guy. <grin>

                I found a message from me with the text below. It was from 2004
                when we still had plans on changing the input control for NoteTab
                in v5. That is no longer true.

                >We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
                >versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
                >NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

                Happy Tab'n,