selecting paragraphs with shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys

  • kenfhill84083
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
      I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
      shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
      does in most other Windows programs).

      Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
      Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
      not moving the cursor or selecting text.

      Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
      trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?
    • Richard Beddard
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
        I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but my full version of NT Pro does
        what you are experiencing i.e. you can't select a paragraph this way (
        Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow ).

        Richard

        --
        Richard Beddard
        http://richrach.com/

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
          kenfhill84083 wrote:
          > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
          > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
          > does in most other Windows programs).
          >
          > Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
          > Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
          > not moving the cursor or selecting text.
          >
          > Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
          > trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?

          ken,

          What you describe is not, quite, a feature of Pro. With Pro the
          paragraph delimiter is CRLF, the easiest ways to select a paragraph
          would be, place the cursor on the line you want, unwrap lines =
          'Ctrl+W', then Ctrl+Down arrow. That will select the line/paragraph you
          want, that single line is a paragraph.

          ºvº
          2006.10.09
          "Do These Jeans Make My Bum Look Big? - Why Men Lie."
          hrs ø hsavage@...
        • kenfhill84083
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
            Thanks to hsavage for the tip about turning word wrap off. That
            should help some, although I like the way Lite works since it conforms
            to the way most Windows programs work.

            I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
            reply explaining the difference between NTB versions. I hope this
            does not mean all future versions are going to depart from the Windows
            standard in this. -Ken

            --- Jody answer ---
            The reason they are different is not due to Pro being a better
            editor, but it is because Pro and Std/Light use a different input
            control. Pro uses a non-Microsoft input control and Std/Light uses
            the Rich Edit Control that comes with all versions of Windows.

            We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
            versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
            NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kenfhill84083" <kenfhill@...> wrote:

            > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
            > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it
            > does in most other Windows programs).
            >
            > Ctrl-up/down arrow navigates to previous/next paragraphs. But
            > Shift-Ctrl-up/down arrow just scrolls up/down through the document,
            > not moving the cursor or selecting text.
            >
            > Can anyone tell me if this is a feature that is disabled during the
            > trial period or is it a bug or is there a preference I can change?

          • rpdooling
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
              > > I am trying out NoteTab Pro but I cannot select paragraphs with
              > > shift-ctrl-up/down arrow keys. It works fine in NoteTab Lite (as it

              I use SHFT-up/down arrow and do it line by line. Never heard of the other.

              Using 4.95 pro and 5.1 pro on windows xp.

              rd
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
                kenfhill84083 wrote:
                > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt from her
                > reply explaining the difference between NTB versions.
                By the way, Jody is a HIM -- but he doesn't get too testy when new
                members on the list make this slipup.
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
                  Hi Ken and Others,

                  I've been extremely busy for months now and trying to clean out
                  my In box some. I ran across this older message and thought I'd
                  clear up a couple points.

                  > I had sent Jody an e-mail about this and below is an excerpt
                  > from her reply explaining...

                  Just checked, and I can assure you I'm still a guy. <grin>

                  I found a message from me with the text below. It was from 2004
                  when we still had plans on changing the input control for NoteTab
                  in v5. That is no longer true.

                  >We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
                  >versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
                  >NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released.

                  Happy Tab'n,