Re: Specialfolder for NTP 5.1 like in NTP 4.95

  • w9zo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Horst Nogajski" <newsletters@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > have upgraded from NTP 4.95 to 5.1 but the folder with all of my
      > configurations isn't found. In NTP 4.95 there was an Option under
      > Options->Advanced to tell NoteTab where all the files are. Now it
      > isn't available anymore. How can I get back this behave?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Horst

      Can't you find where the new version is saving the files, and just
      copy the old ones to that folder?
    • Horst Nogajski
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
        Hi Lotta,

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
        > Ah, you use a custom location. Sorry, I didn't understand that. I
        have no
        > idea if this will work, but in previous versions NTP adds a line to
        the ini
        > file, under the [Application] heading, when you use the Support Files
        > Location option.

        > [Application]
        > MainDirectory=c:\path\to\dir

        This Line was kept automatically from the old installation by
        upgrading to NTP 5. But it doesn't work. I think this option was
        removed on behalf of the new Multi-User-functionality.

        --------------------------------

        Here are some of my experiences:

        The following two options in inifile are of interest if one want to
        have a custom location:

        [Application]
        UseRegistry=0
        UseProfileFolder=1

        This options in combination with the commandline param
        /USER=C:\Path\to\MyCustomfolder
        will work!

        e.g. if "UseProfileFolder=0" is set in inifile, calling the
        commandline option doesn't work!

        Best regards,
        Horst
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
          Horst Nogajski wrote:
          >This Line was kept automatically from the old installation by
          >upgrading to NTP 5. But it doesn't work. I think this option was
          >removed on behalf of the new Multi-User-functionality.

          Then I'm out of ideas. Odd though, isn't it? If it's possible from the
          command line, shouldn't it be possible in some other way too?

          Lotta