Re: Specialfolder for NTP 5.1 like in NTP 4.95

  • w9zo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Horst Nogajski" <newsletters@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > have upgraded from NTP 4.95 to 5.1 but the folder with all of my
      > configurations isn't found. In NTP 4.95 there was an Option under
      > Options->Advanced to tell NoteTab where all the files are. Now it
      > isn't available anymore. How can I get back this behave?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Horst

      Can't you find where the new version is saving the files, and just
      copy the old ones to that folder?
    • loro
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2006
        Horst Nogajski wrote:
        >In meantime, I've found a solution to get back the old behave:
        >As I've read here in the list, there is a commandline option with
        >NoteTab 5:
        >"C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\notetab.exe" /USER=D:\Data\NoteTab_data
        >
        >opens NTP and supports all my old files.

        Ah, you use a custom location. Sorry, I didn't understand that. I have no
        idea if this will work, but in previous versions NTP adds a line to the ini
        file, under the [Application] heading, when you use the Support Files
        Location option. Try to add it manually to Notepro.ini (when Notetab is not
        running) and see what happens. With a little luck it still works...

        [Application]
        MainDirectory=c:\path\to\dir

        If you use the registry instead of the ini, I don't know. But it shouldn't
        be hard to find out if you still have version 4.

        Lotta
      • Horst Nogajski
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
          Hi Lotta,

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
          > Ah, you use a custom location. Sorry, I didn't understand that. I
          have no
          > idea if this will work, but in previous versions NTP adds a line to
          the ini
          > file, under the [Application] heading, when you use the Support Files
          > Location option.

          > [Application]
          > MainDirectory=c:\path\to\dir

          This Line was kept automatically from the old installation by
          upgrading to NTP 5. But it doesn't work. I think this option was
          removed on behalf of the new Multi-User-functionality.

          --------------------------------

          Here are some of my experiences:

          The following two options in inifile are of interest if one want to
          have a custom location:

          [Application]
          UseRegistry=0
          UseProfileFolder=1

          This options in combination with the commandline param
          /USER=C:\Path\to\MyCustomfolder
          will work!

          e.g. if "UseProfileFolder=0" is set in inifile, calling the
          commandline option doesn't work!

          Best regards,
          Horst
        • loro
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
            Horst Nogajski wrote:
            >This Line was kept automatically from the old installation by
            >upgrading to NTP 5. But it doesn't work. I think this option was
            >removed on behalf of the new Multi-User-functionality.

            Then I'm out of ideas. Odd though, isn't it? If it's possible from the
            command line, shouldn't it be possible in some other way too?

            Lotta